Monday, March 3, 2008

The Pulley.....

Ethan is a really bright kid. It doesn't take much explaining for him to grasp a concept. He's really easy to teach things because of this. I do feel that he doesn't use his mind to it's full capacity sometimes because of TV or video games. (Probably my fault.) But, sometimes he comes home full of vigor and bright ideas. Especially this last week. One day I heard him saying he was going to make a pulley. I wasn't feeling too great that day, so I just let him go about his business. I heard the kitchen sink running for what seemed like eternity. Then he came to ask me if I could find the step ladder because he couldn't quite reach the top of the front door without it. After some investigation I discovered the pulley he was attempting to make involved a large bucket of water hanging by a rope connected to the front door. Whomever was the lucky one to open the door was doused with water. Needless to say his pulley system was aborted. Today he came home with another pulley idea. He assured me this one involved no water and nobody would get hurt in the process. I have to say I was impressed with what he came up with. Pretty genius if I do say so myself. He's convinced it's going to be very beneficial to his life. Not so sure about that, but it's fun to see his mind being used.

If you pull the two small handles the large handle raises the paper carrier. You can put stuff you don't want your brothers to reach on the paper carrier. Raise the small handles to lower the paper.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that kid. He is so smart. Tell him I miss being his primary teacher and to stop ignoring me at church! :)

Us Lochers said...

I would say that reminds me of Shawn when he was a kid.... but it doesn't. He must get it from your side! he he

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good work Ethan. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Rebecca Pierce said...

He's amazing! Really, and determined! I love how I can picture you in your bed listening to the happenings going on in the kitchen. It's so Thomas for the parents to be hanging out in bed watching TV. I REALLY love that about your house. We pretty much could just walk right in the bedroom and that's where they'd be. Like two best friends in college or something. I love your folks.

christine said...

Hey that's pretty smart! I would never have thought of anything like that as a kid. Though that's not saying a whole lot.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.