Because Shawn is one of the leaders, he was in charge of sending the cars down the ramp. Anyone that knows Shawn understands his lack of facial expressions. He's pretty hard to read seeing that he has the same look on his face whether he is at a funeral or Disneyland. However, I've been around him long enough to see how he feels in his eyes. I watched him close as Ethan's car continued to place first in each heat. I could tell that he wanted to scream "wahoo" at the top of his lungs while throwing happy punches into the air. I captured a rare glimpse into his feelings with the camera. If you notice his slight smile and the way he's holding his hands you should be able to tell his inner-child was whooping it up.
I was proud of his composure as Ethan won 1st place over-all. Ethan won a plaque and a box of twix candy bars. When we arrived at home Ethan handed Shawn half the box of candy bars and said, "You did most of the work dad, so you deserve this prize." Shawn spent the next 30 minutes trying to explain to Ethan how much work he actually had helped with. Good work Shawn. I mean Ethan. Well done, well done.
4 comments:
Good Job Guys!
That's so fun! That is one seriously fancy car! Parents are always really intense at these things...it's a serious deal!
Our pinewood derby is coming up too...Logan actually got to make all of his own car(since his dad has not one ounce of competitiveness in his body) as you will be able to tell once I post the pictures. he took a lot of pride in that car...he probably won't win a thing but he will have a fun car out of it;)
Congrats Ethan and Shawn it totally looks like a missle!
I love the picture of Shawn. Trying not to expose his emotional side. I know how you feel Shawn!
Post a Comment