Monday, March 3, 2008

Not Much In A Day......

A few weeks ago, and some days still, I make it a goal to accomplish at least one productive thing in a day. Sometimes I set my ambitions high, sometimes it's something as simple as "make dinner tonight". That's what the family gets when I'm trying to grow a human. It takes a lot out of me. Presidents Day turned out to be somewhat productive. Kennedy attended a soccer camp from 8-3. I was pleasantly surprised when she decided she wanted to attend. I think it was mainly due to her best friend showing interest, but whatever gets her moving.
The boys and I ate lunch at the Burger King play place and then headed home for a nap. Well, I took a nap. Not sure what the boys did, but all was well when I woke up. After we picked up Kennedy we decided to make cupcakes for a friends birthday. This is actually the first thing I'd made in over 3 weeks. Funny that it's cupcakes to get the mixer in motion. The kids were thrilled to have icing and batter in their vicinity.


The cupcakes just about wiped me out, but I somehow managed to turn this:
into this:

Unfortunately, the 1st picture represents more the norm around here. In fact, I have a similar pile on my bedroom floor as I type this. I'm considering banning all clothing from here on out. Laundry is ridiculous. I don't mind the actual process, it's the folding and putting away part I detest. What did I choose to accomplish today? I showered, got Jack to preschool, did laundry, vacuumed the basement, made dinner, and am about to go gather the little people for Family Home Evening. My well-being is obviously improving and I'm oh so glad. So is my family. Especially Shawn, I'm sure.

8 comments:

Rebecca S said...

Jayne - so glad to see you back blogging, I've missed you! I once tried to get my physics teacher in college to explain the whole full moon phenomenon. He suggested that people just did dumb stuff because it wasn't so dark outside - I don't go with that theory myself.

Ashley said...

Good to see things are looking up! But the laundry? Seriously? I just had an anxiety attack. Is it reasonable to stop at two kids just over the fear of that much laundry? I would NEVER be done.

Abby said...

Wow, Jayne - bless you. You have so much going on all around you and yet you manage to keep things running even though it probably feels like a blur! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Us Lochers said...

We always have a pile of laundry that needs folded, unfortunately. It never ends!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Wow, that is really ambitious! I do prefer to do chores in spurts rather than a little everyday. It's just nice to have a day when my goal is "shower and get dressed...in sweats."

valerie said...

Hey, I have a laundry pile that looks just like that at my house. I started making the kids haul it down to the laundry room for me and Kyle said to me the other day. "Mom I had no idea we made so much dirty laundry."

rebecca said...

Haha!!! Karson is sitting on my lap right now and saw the pile of clothes and said, "Mom, that's alot of clothes like ours,huh?" Yes, our pile looks like this too, and I only have 3 kids! I must be a couple of days ahead of you :)

Judaloo said...

I hate laundry for the same reasons...not so much the washing as the folding and putting away. ugh! Your folded piles are quite impressive! I'm so glad you are feeling better.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.