Sunday, March 30, 2008
Bowl-A-Rama.....
Our little family set a goal at the end of February with the plan that if it was accomplished we would all go bowling and get ice cream after. Friday night the reward came to fruition. Thank goodness for the recent "smoke free" zone public places have become in this little community, or bowling would never have been an option. The alley still had the stale scent of yuck due to years of filling up with the nicotine habit, but it wasn't unbearable. The kids had never been bowling before with the exception of Ethan. If you count the Wii then they've all attempted, but it's quite different when computer generated. We all donned the beautiful shoes, Landon included. (His feet were adorable in them.) With the bumpers up, we were ready to bowl. Landon used the metal thing you roll your ball down (don't know the proper name) and he actually was smoking us all through the 1st half of the game. Every time he'd hit some pins he'd clap his hands and do this little gallopy-hoppy thing while saying "I knocked the pins! I knocked the pins!" It was worth the entire experience just to witness his excitement. Jack bowled granny style after he realized putting his fingers in the holes just wasn't productive for him. His ball often rolled so slowly down the lane that by the time it reached the pins the guard was dropping to sweep them away. Apparently there is a 1 1/2 minute time limit for balls to get down the lane. Kennedy bowled two spares all on her own. She rocked the bowling world. Ethan didn't do too bad either. Shawn and I realized that when you don't bowl for 5 years your score doesn't improve. What a great family outing. I just wish I'd remembered my camera to document the excursion. I'm sure there will be a next time, and I'm sure we'll enjoy it just as much as we did this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
2 comments:
Wow what a great job at completing your family goal. keep it up..bowling is so fun...
Our kids love to bowl and I'm totally with you about little feet looking adorable in bowling shoes. By the way, what was the family goal?
Post a Comment