Monday, June 4, 2007

My turn.....

Most of my posts will be about my kids, and what we do for fun. I thought I'd do a post all about me because I can and it's my turn to be in the spotlight. So, I'm not very entertaining, and pretty much what you see is what you get, but there are a few things that a lot of you probably don't know about me. I decided to make a list of some things. I would do them all but you all have lives outside of reading this blog, so I'll spare you some time. Here goes!

1. There is a small percentage of "black" in my lineage, which probably explains my ease at turning brown in the sun.
2. I don't like being told what to do, but don't mind being asked.
3. My mood can be directly related to two things: the scale, or how clean my house is.
4. I'm VERY insecure about my weight/body size but make it a joke so nobody knows how serious I really am.
5. I want to be a library "story lady" one day, with or without pay, I'd love to do it.
6. My dreams at night always seem so real to me that if Shawn does something to make me mad in my dream I'm irritated at him the entire next day.
7. Shawn is my very best friend in the universe and I couldn't function properly without him.
8. I LOVE a night out with the girls---------it rejuvinates me mentally, physically, spiritually. I need more of them.
9. Chaos and me don't go well together.
10. I'm lazy.
11. Some people intimidate me, but nobody ever believes me when I say that.
12. I thought one day I'd be a famous writer, until I took a creative writing class at BYU and realized there are a lot of really great writers out there.
13. My kids manage to irritate me and crack me up at the same time.
14. I love the peacefulness of my house after the kids are asleep and the lights are dim.
15. I love a clean kitchen with the dishwasher running.
16. I love to hear kids laugh----the good hard belly laugh kind.
17. I love to laugh---the good hard belly laugh kind when tears run down my cheeks.
18. I exercise only to be thin, not for health reasons. (not yet anyway)
19. I think I have pretty toes.
20. I would make a horrible judge because I tend to believe all sides and give everyone the benefit of being honest.
21. I love reading a good book and then having someone else enjoy it as much as I did.
22. Sometimes I replay conversations in my mind wishing I would've or wouldn't have said what I did or didn't say. (most often it's what I've said)
23. I talk to myself in the mirror.
24. I love spring sunshine after a good hard rain.
25. Listening to my kids having conversations with each other makes me glad I had 4, and makes me miss my siblings.
26. I'm a baked-goods-aholic. Cookies, cake, brownies, I love to bake and eat them.
27. Clutter freaks me out, but all my closets are horrendously unorganized. (I can shut the door and what I don't see doesn't seem to bother me)
28. I value other people's opinions too much.
29. I love to teach school and am sad it's probably too political to ever do it again.
30. I'm sad for people who constantly talk bad about everyone behind their backs and tell all because I'll never share a secret or something personal with them out of fear.
31. Constant pessimism wears me down.
32. I love to put on fresh, brand new clothes. I feel so new in them.
33. I have serious OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) tendencies. (so much that I have to end with #35, not 33)
34. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
35. This blog is a great outlet for me. When I type stuff here, I actually sometimes forget that people might read it.

15 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Jayne - I LOVE your blog! You are so honest and fun to read about!

Ashley said...

In regards to #8 and #10: Game night tonight! So get your lazy bum over here :)

Jill said...

Jayne you are such an awesome person. As I was reading your list I kept thinking.. me too.. me too.. me too...

Anonymous said...

it is good to know I do know you so well....

Eric said...

You learn something new every day!

I had no idea you valued the opinions of others. There was a time......

I love reading this blog! (whoever invented the word 'blog'?)

You have writing talent and ability and I think you should pursue it. But then, I might be a tad biased.

Anonymous said...

why end with 35 and not 33?

Anonymous said...

Jayne- all those Janeisms are why I love and miss you! But I do have to say the first thing I thought when I saw those recent pics of you is that you are so skinny! So stop agonizing over it.

jayne said...

Dad----I value people's opinions----see #2 for why you probably thought I didn't! Charlie---5's and 0's are ends to me, 33 is right in the middle. It's not an end.

rebecca said...

What a great blogger you are!!! All these things on the list are even more reaons why I am going to miss you when we leave :(

kerith.is.disaster said...

jayne,
have you read 'the road' by cormac mccarthy? you need to please.

Tif Sweeney said...

You are an amazing person Jayne and I will miss you dearly when we leave! I love your honesty and I too kept thinking . . . me too . . . me too . . . :)

Erin said...

I have to know who in the world intimidates you!

Anonymous said...

Jayne your funny, and an inspiration to me..... Shawn is lucky to have you!

Natalie said...

I LOVED your list and we have a lot in common!
Jenwood is Natalie and I am a regular on your blog!

Jodie B. said...

I loved reading this! I learned even more about you and like you even more than before.. Also I think that you have definate writing abilities and should keep going with it. I love to read what you have written. You have a gift with words- spoken and written and that is rare so be proud of it!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.