
Ever since I heard the word "summer" this year I've been craving watermelon. Yesterday Jack, Landon, and I ventured out to Walmart to choose a juicy one, along with some grapes and strawberries. I decided on seedless this time, easier for the kids to eat without endless spitting. (Something I'm trying not to encourage in my home). When we got home Jack wanted some "now" so I decided to cut it up. We were all very surprised when we opened her up and she was yellow! I have never heard of a yellow watermelon, but acted like it was the coolest surprise ever so my fellow watermelon eaters wouldn't be put off by the different color. Come to find out, yellow tastes exactly like red. I guess you can't judge a watermelon by it's outer appearance.
Childhood Memory: My mom used to cut the ends off and let us eat the pulp out like we were using a bowl. Kennedy and Jack experienced my memory first hand.
9 comments:
That crazy.. yellow watermelon, I have never heard of it!
Yellow watermelon!!???
I am glad you told this tale. I might have taken it back, or at the least refused to take a taste. If you all get really sick we will know eating it was a mistake!
My dad would always eat the core right out of the middle. Those melons always had seeds - except for that little round spot right in the middle. Deb always yelled at me when I tried to do the same.
How strange! I've never had yellow watermelon - maybe I'll have to run to the store and get one. What a fun way to eat it! =)
i have never had yellow either!! I still eat watermelon that way!
Wierd! You need to send pictures of your house...it looks so cute!
Yellow watermelon? How weird! I've never heard of it either!
That is bizarre! I'm glad it tasted the same!
Never heard of it. It would add some nice color to a fruit salad. I just found out I am allergic to watermelon! And I love watermelon!
We had yellow watermelon all the time in Tahiti. I was surprised then, just as you are now.
Post a Comment