Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A little bit of music

Kennedy has these kid pop cd's that are remakes of once popular songs sung by children. My kids all love them, and love to boogie along with them. Kennedy, however, is very possessive of the music she allows. She gets to choose the song, the time it is played, how long it is played, and can eject the cd at any unforseen moment. She seems to enjoy ejecting when Jack is enjoying himself the most. So, while Kennedy is at summer school, Jackson tends to head straight for the stereo. He can put in the cd and find any song that he is looking for. I don't object simply because his sister is mean and he should be able to dance (don't anyone get into any parental logic here, I'm sure what I'm teaching is horrible, but it gets me through the day). This morning I was back in my bedroom folding clothes (another post in itself) when I heard the music. I peeked in the kitchen and couldn't resist a little video footage. As you'll see at the end of the clip, one sibling or another will always spoil the fun!

12 comments:

Jill said...

That is too cute! Is this the kid bop CDs you are talking about. The commercials crack me up! One commercial they were sing this Evenescence (that spelt phonetically I don't know the spelling). It was so funny to see these happy smiling kids singing "wake me up in side, save me from the nothing I have become" priceless!

Erin said...

He is so funny, Jayne. This is a video to show his future wife!

Katherine said...

Dance, Jack, dance!!

So cute. Franny loves the commercials for Kid bop cd's. We were surprised once to find that she had memorized the whole commercial!

Ashley said...

Too bad he can't have a respectable career dancing in those cute undies! He sure knows how to shake it.

jayne said...

I got the cd's at walmart---they have both 70's music, and some recent tunes also. Those commercials are hilarious and I swore I would never purchase them, but Kennedy really loved them, so I found one locally. They actually aren't that bad!

Chantel said...

that is so funny! Your kids have grown so much!

Anonymous said...

I love the butt wiggle!! too cute...do you remember in CA when you would leave for school and mom would steal clothes from your closet for me to wear and then we would put them back before you got home??? Maybe you parent more like mom then you thought....

jayne said...

Oh, I remember Lyndsey. The white shirt with the grapejuice? Yeah, how could I forget. I actually thought of you when I decided to let Jack play with her cd's. Let's just file it under "things I will never do as a parent" that I do anyway.

Eric said...

This is so fun, getting video clips of the action. We don't have any of you when you were that age.

kerith.is.disaster said...

hmmm, perhaps there is more in common with jack and charlie than just looks, it seems to me that that booty shake was all too familiar..... i PRAY that my kids will be half as cute as yours! (and max of course - ooo lyndsey is gonna kill me now!)

jayne said...

Now that I think about it, I think we have countless pics of Charlie in his underwear always because he was too busy jumping to put clothes on. I'm still not convinced Jack was supposed to be my child. Mix-up in Heaven? Maybe you'll be blessed to have one as sweet as I was...........

Anonymous said...

Go Jack! Seriously though, the boy has some dancing skills. I know what you mean about kids CDs. I caught myself rockin out to the High School Musical CD Jess keeps in our car. It doesn't sound too terrible until you know that there were no kids with me at the time. I am still not quite sure how that one happened...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.