Thursday, June 7, 2007

I can do it myself!!

Well, that's what he's probably thinking anyway. He actually just grunts and points at the spoon, and I know what he means. Talking is so unimportant when you can nod your head yes, shake it no, and grunt while pointing at what you need. Unfortunately it's so effective I might never hear what an actual word sounds like coming from his mouth. He obviously thinks he's a big boy and doesn't need my help to eat anymore. My kitchen floor wishes he still let me feed him. And sometimes my walls do too. Last night at dinner I even sat him in a booster seat at the actual table instead of his highchair. Well, apparently that wasn't good enough. He climbed down. When Jack left to go to the bathroom, he climbed up onto Jack's boosterless seat and proceeded to eat what Jack had deemed unimportant. Of course the unimportant becomes important when someone else desires it, so chaos ensued. Does anyone else wonder why Shawn has chronic heartburn?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I totally hear you - Benjamin likes to feed himself and after every meal the floor is covered in food. Sometimes he looks under his booster seat and finds some old dried up bean or kernel of corn and says "mmm!" before popping it in his mouth. That gives me incentive to clean up after him a little better....

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.