Thursday, June 7, 2007

I won't get very wet mom............

Those were Jack's famous words before he headed out to play in the sprinkler with the neighbor kids. He didn't want to put on his swimsuit and I didn't make him. He usually doesn't get too wet. But, tonight, they brought out the big guns....dollar store squirters! We had about 8 last summer, but ended with only 1 in full working condition. The neighbors restocked for this summer. Looks like we'll have to also. Who can say no when 1 dollar provides so much entertainment? Jack somehow ended up with the only malfunctioning squirter and everytime he'd go to squirt the top would come off. The others saw this as a gift from heaven and teamed up against him. Poor kid.


That is until he picked up the entire sprinkler in retaliation.

The kids had such a great time!
The night ended with a few tears from those caught in the crossfire (Landon), chattering teeth, warm cozy baths, library books on the couch eating honeycomb, and then off to blissful sleep. Mom and Dad included.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how fun!

Ashley said...

That looks like a blast. I love that Jack resorted to the sprinkler. Your kids are so cute.

Katherine said...

I love these pictures. That looks like so much fun! I love that your neighborhood has so many kids to play with.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.