Saturday, May 26, 2007

Snap turtle, snap!

Shawn was outside the other day reseeding parts of the lawn and discovered this huge turtle sitting next to our house! I wanted to put my hand on it's back so I could show a size comparison, but Shawn stopped me. I'm so glad he was there or I would probably have lost a finger! That thing could snap! Shawn was trying to scoop it up with a shovel so he could take it around back closer to our neighbors pond, but it kept snapping the metal. So, we rolled it down the side of our lawn onto it's back and that's how we finally scooped him up. Ethan was yelling that it was going to die, and Landon just thought this whole thing was hilarious! Only in Missouri........(Erin, this in NO way tops your story of turtle soup!)


5 comments:

Jill said...

That turtle creeps me out, I couldn't imagine finding one so close to my house it would freak me out. I really can't being to imagine eating one, what is wrong with people!!!

Eric said...

Turtles in Missouri!

Skunks in Rigby!!

kerith.is.disaster said...

check this out: the same day you found a turtle in your backyard a big brown bear, aka GRIZZLY, made an appearance on the street in our backyard. everybody had to keep their kids and pets in as he meandered his way down the street littering it with big piles of scat! in reality, the turtle probably posed more of a threat. be careful you crooks.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Shawn found it and not one of the kids or else Shawn might have had to put his "skills" to use! I am sure he would have given you a really good discount on stitches!

Wilsons said...

A snapping turtle? Where did it come from?

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.