Thursday, May 17, 2007

Caught Off Guard............

I was caught off guard this morning, and am at a loss for words. Me? Loss of words? Wierd, I know. Some of you reading this haven't seen or heard from me in awhile, so I've decided to give you all an update. For those of you I speak to on a regular basis, you might have better ways to spend your time!
These are my four fabulous babies. I call them babies, but Ethan reminds me that he is 7 and I have to cut the strings eventually. He's my oldest. My actual baby baby is the one standing. Landon is 18 months. Hardly a real baby, but to me he'll always remain with that title. Kennedy is 5 and the only girl. Sometimes she prays that she'll have a sister. I nixed that, so she started praying that her brothers would turn into sisters. I don't think she realizes what she's really praying for. Then there is Jack. He's 3 and he thinks he's 25. He wants to move out and buy his own house. I asked where he'd get the money and he said from my wallet of course. He definitely keeps me on my toes.
This next picture is Shawn. He's a doctor now. Well, an Anesthesia Resident. To me he's just the man I married. So he saves people from pain during labor, and calmy sedates them before surgery. All I know is he's gone all the time and I savor the times he is home. I miss him. Hopefully one day he'll be able to retire and we can travel to some remote island alone and live on the beach. Except, not too remote, we like the comforts of home. And not too sunny because he burns super easy and by then I'll be old and my wrinkles won't be able to take the sun. And not too sandy because sometimes it chafes. Okay, just retire and be home with me doing nothing exciting, just being.
This is me. Well, this is me two years ago while visiting my brother and sister in law in Chicago. It's the only halfway decent picture I could find. I'm still the same, only older, and probably add a few pounds. I try to excercise everyday to keep my sanity. I chase kids, break up a lot of fights, clean, read, watch tv, and now I blog. Nothing too exciting in this little life I lead. But, I'm learning a lot lately about who I am, what I believe, and why I do the things I do. It's amazing how much less you know the older you get.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Justin and I were thinking about going home in August as well and hopefully now we can work it out so we can meet up sometime while we are there. I will keep you posted. I loved the picture of you! I hardly ever have any pictures of myself to post, which most days is just fine by me, but I have to say you haven't change at all! I was confused as well that your husband isn't home very much? My hubby is home ALL the time! Oh wait, I was having a fit of dementia just then! Hopefully it will get better when they are done....right?

Jill said...

You have such a cute family :)

rebecca said...

That's such a sweet picture of Shawn with Kennedy. So glad you are doing a blog, cuz you are on my list, along with Raquel, of people who can make me laugh with what you write!!! I think this is turning into a new addiction of mine- Reading other's blogs. It sure is a great way to stay in contact, though, so it can't be a bad addiction, rigt ? :)

Eric said...

Why were you caught off guard?

You know less as you get older? And you are young! Maybe there is some genetic patterning going on with you. The older I get the dumber I get! I read as much as I can, about a variety of things. I still take a class, or course, from time to time, often times for professional development. It has been proven, to myself, that the older I get, the more I learn, the dumber I get!

You might as well get used to it!

Life is a journey, each day another step along the way, that hopefully can be savored, enjoyed, and appreciated. Don't kill it by belaboring a spouse who is away a lot. Just take each day as it is, accept the way things are, look for the good in it all, because there is plenty there, even if at times it seems difficult.

Enough lecturing today?

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.