
Memphis is where the Keller's live. It's an hour from us, but they are still in our ward. Crazy. (We aren't in Utah anymore folks.) Dr. Keller is actually an ER doc that Shawn occasionally covers shifts for. He was covering a shift on Sunday for a different Doc. His wife takes pity on me. She knows what it's like to have a bunch of kids and a doc for a husband. So, she invited me and the kiddo's out to dinner at their farm yesterday. The whole idea was for Shawn to meet us for dinn

er because his ER was empty. Turns out we didn't get to see him the entire time we were there because it was a rare day and he was slammed with patients. We had a great time anyway! Kennedy has been saying for the last year that she's going to be a cowgirl one day and when I mentioned we were going to a farm she put on her cowgirl boots and brought her hat "just in case there are horses mom". I had never been to their farm and didn't know what to expect. Horses? Tons of them. Turns out they breed them and sell them, or trade them for cattle. They had a cat that had baby kittens. Kennedy fell in love with one and I had to check her pockets before we left to make sure she didn't smuggle the little creature into the van. She woke up crying this morning because she knows I won't let her "just keep it in her room". Ethan enjoyed the Keller boys. They were hitting water b

alloons with baseball bats, and then started launching them with a water balloon launch system off the deck. Jack really liked the trampoline, but not so much the horses. He stood back behind the gate until one of the older boys picked him up and carried him for a closer look. Landon just enjoyed exploring. He scooped in the kitty litter until he was caught (it had a shovel. Isn't that what you do with

a shovel?). He was also caught eating a hunk of bread that was meant for the dogs. Funny boy. Doesn't complain when he's hungry, just finds what he can. He'd be great on survivor. The horses fascinated him. So did the trampoline. We ate dinner and she sent me home with enough food to last the rest of the week. Homemade jam, rolls, and cinnamon rolls. We had a great day! Farms are fun places for kids to explore. We'll have to go back and visit lots because I myself am a city girl through and through and wouldn't survive actually living on a farm. Or in such a small community.
7 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Sister Keller is so sweet :)
A farm is a great place for a kid to grow up - not just great to visit. It was not easy for this old farm boy to raise a passel of kids in town. You are all city kids!!!!
It sounds like you all had a great day!
awww jayne, kenna and jack NEED a kitty. pahhleeaassee!!!!!
i also think they should get the kitty. in fact, i will donate $5, in the form of a check, to the "get kenna a kitty" fund. check will be mailed as soon as i get a verbal confirmation from kennedy that said kitty is in her possession.
I hear ER families are just the salt of the earth! I am jealous that you got a whole day to play on a farm, I bet your kids were in heaven! Hurray for moonlighting- not that we like having them gone any more than they have to be but sometimes we like to buy groceries too!
Jayne, I can't believe how grown up your kids look. They're so cute. It sounds like you're having a great time in Kirksville! Where's the new neighborhood your house is in? Good luck with the next few years!
How awesome for your kids! I've been pouring my "city girl" self into this "rural girl" mold for two years, and it just doesn't seem to fit, no matter how I pour. Sad, because I LOVE these farm moments and it just seems right for kids to live in a place like this. Maybe with more kids I would be a better fit. But probably not. Thank goodness for hospitable farmers. Blanche is a saint.
Post a Comment