Today is the last day of school. As a teacher I used to love the last day----

---all the letters and gifts from the kids telling me how wonderful I was, papers flying everywhere, kids running, and then the stillness of the empty classroom with empty bulletin boards and empty desks. I used to sit in the middle of my classroom floor after the last kid left and just reflect on everything that went on that year, good and bad, and just relish the times I had. Now I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Those kids running down the hall with papers flying behind them are now running into my house, my car, my space, instead of away from it. The stillness of my home is no longer. But, I do have to say that I love summer. Everything about it. Even with all my kids home. Especially with all my kids home. There is something about having your kids around all the time that gives you some sense of comfort. I know they are safe. (At least until summer gets old and having them in my space gets old and the pools get old. Thank goodness I can count on school starti

ng again in August...)
Kennedy had a last day of school picnic at a local park today. She went to Faith Lutheran this year (a private school), and I was able to attend with Jack and Landon. We had a great time!
Mrs. Fouch gave all the kids their own bubble wands.
Kennedy and Jack negotiate the last chocolate cookie.
Kennedy eats strawberries with her friend Grayce.
Landon eats his weight in grapes and strawberries!
L to R: Kennedy, Kenzie, and Zoe.
Left to Right: Tate (Kennedy's boyfriend), Parker (wants to be Kennedy's boyfriend), and Kennedy.
5 comments:
Uh oh, is this THE boyfriend? Did you have a little talk with him about secret kissing?
You have a different perspective now, as a mother with kids running around, than you did as a school teacher about to embark on a 'quiet' summer?
Much of life is about perspectives. Our perspectives, as humans, are ever changing, or so it seems.
It isn't a bad thing that summer is here and Kennedy will not be around those boys! Keep her away from boys until she reaches age 25 or so! And might you be more successful at that than I was.
For some reason the park in the background looks a little familiar... Kennedy is so adorable, I can't help but look at her and just smile. As for summer, hopefully we will all survive! I agree it is nice though to just be able to play all summer, I feel bad dad's don't get summers off too.
Jayne, you're a great writer - I felt for you when you described the kids running out of the school and into your home. :) haha!
Your kids are sooo cute! I love all the pictures :)
Post a Comment