Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rock the Parkway....

 Every April I run a race.  Rock the Parkway to be exact.  Two years in a row I ran the 10k version.  And loved every minute of it.  And every year I'd say "next year I should do the half because it's such a great course".  This year I had no choice.  They eliminated the 10k option.  I ran the half.  One thing I never took into account for an April half is training through the winter.  Yuck.  I'm a fan of taking an outdoor running hiatus in the cold winter months, then making my debut during a 10k.  I discovered around mile 9 how much I dislike spring half marathons.  Unfortunately for me, it was only mile 9.  I still had 4 more to go.  I finished with my slowest time ever.  And sadly, I'm breaking up with Rock the Parkway.  It was a great relationship.  But we're now parting ways.  I did collect the medal.  And wore it with pride.  And then of course ate a great lunch with some good running buddies.  All in a days work.

 Jenn, Sherri, Me, and Christine post race sporting our bling.
Of course I need to include the post race, post shower shot.
Good bye Rock the Parkway.  It was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.