It was raining off and on when we awoke that morning. I couldn't find anywhere that said the event would be cancelled due to rain. So we went. We had to park a zillion miles away and walk. I honestly at that point almost just gave each kid 20 bucks to not make us continue. But my kids excitement outweighed my under excitement.
Can I just say that the community center puts on a fantastic event?! Due to the intermittent rain they held the hunt inside. Which pretty much consisted of dumping a bajillion candy filled eggs on the floor and limiting everyone to 20. Easy. Especially for my 3 year old. The hunt lasted .0006 seconds. At the most. But they each got the candy their hearts desired.
It was outside that the real fun was happening. Local community members brought their prize animals to be fondled by children of all ages. Ducks. Rabbits. And even goats. My kids loved them. The one that surprised me the most? Jack. He spent most of his time with the ducks. He even considered foregoing the hunt to be with them. He was so gentle. You could tell the ducks trusted him because they kept trying to climb onto his lap while he was holding a different one. Of course, it was after Presley choked lovingly tried to hold one that they would clamber to Jack when anyone else entered the pen. Maybe I should get a farm for Jack?
I now have a new found appreciation for community events of this variety. We will make sure and attend this event again I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment