Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Birthday.....

All I wanted for my birthday this year was a new bike.  A road bike.  (I already have a mountain bike)  I rode my mountain bike in triathlons last year without any complaint.  But.  Everyone kept saying how much easier it is to use a road bike in these events.  Shawn obliged and this baby made it's way into my life!
 I love it.  And after riding this bike I'm not sure how I was really able to go such distance on a mountain bike.  Crazy how light this girl is. 
Kennedy wanted to make my day special so she made me this sign and decorated the mantle.  She also made me a cake.  This girl has the makings of a great mother.  (Besides.  I did use my special day to take them to the Easter egg hunt)
I wonder if this one year older will make me wiser?  I could use more wisdom trying to raise these kids.  Number 5 has taken everything I learned with the first four and thrown it out the window.  I'm like a first time parent in a mother of 5 body.  Not such a great combination. 

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.