Friday, December 2, 2011

Hawaiian Vacation....Day 7

Friday Shawn and I decided to forgo sightseeing for a day of nothing.  We both felt we needed another day of just....nothing.  Freedom to do as we pleased without an agenda.  We slept in and then ate cheesecake for breakfast in bed.  Great way to start the day!  After watching a movie while eating breakfast, I headed to the beach.  Shawn stayed in the room and watched another movie while I soaked in the sun on the warm sand.  I floated around in the ocean for a bit, then headed to the pool to lay on a lawnchair.  Total bliss.  I went back to the room at noon to put on some shorts so we could get some lunch.  We took our typical morning route and grabbed some lunch.  Then we decided to find a 7-11 for a big gulp.  We walked a direction we'd never taken and found some more beautiful scenery to sit and enjoy.

After we returned to the hotel I resumed my position on the beach.  Best.  Day.  Ever. 
This particular day was the day before the big BYU game.  Every time BYU plays an away game they have a fireside at a nearby stake center.  A few of the players speak, and often coaches will speak.  We met up with Ed and Heidi and drove to find the location of the fireside.  We found it with ease and got pretty good seats in the back of the cultural hall.  Sitting in front of us?  Brandon Doman (offensive coordinator, and former quarterback.  Also played for the 49'ers for a bit), his wife, and Ben Cahoon (recievers coach) and his wife.  Shawn was a little starstruck.  The speakers did a great job.  Coach Mendenhall did amazing.  And then after they all stuck around for autographs and pictures.  Ed and Shawn with Brandon Doman:
Ed and Shawn with Kyle Van Noy:
And finally.  Ed and Shawn with coach Bronco Mendenhall:
Little boys dreams do come true.  After the fireside we were starving so hit up a mcdonalds.  We ate with the locals who also happened to be BYU fans.  Lucky us.

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

All your pictures remind me of when I went to hawaii... and went to all of those same places. So fun. I want Brian and I to go there so bad!! Maybe one dayy...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.