The day after we returned from Hawaii was Ethan's 12th birthday. This is the only picture I was able to capture that day.
Not the most attractive picture, but still cute enough. Ethan. My first born. Twelve years old. This age is such a milestone. He was given the Priesthood, and now able to pass the Sacrament. He's also able to attend the youth functions at church. Crazy that I have a child old enough to participate in such events.
Ethan is still so extremely obedient. He never lies to me. And I know when he doesn't want to divulge the truth because he'll answer with "I don't remember". What he doesn't realize? I know he has somewhat of a photographic memory and nothing is ever forgotten. Trickster.
This year Ethan is in sixth grade. Only. The advanced math class was too easy for him. So. He was bumped up to the seventh grade advanced math class. And. He's getting the highest grade in the class. Crazy. And he isn't braggy braggy like he could be. He just keeps his accomplishments to himself.
He reads constantly. We gave him a Kindle for his birthday this year. Fitting for his obsession. So much easier for me than trying to keep current books available for his devouring.
Ethan is so very grateful for everything. He is always telling me things like "thank you so much for making me food everyday mom" or "thank you so much for....." fill in the blank. With anything and everything. I love his appreciation. I give credit to his dad for teaching him how to be grateful to me for the things I do.
Ethan, I'm so glad you are my oldest. Your example of all that is good will hopefully be noticed by your younger siblings. If they are as wonderful at 12 as you are then my life will be nothing but bliss. I love you little man. Even though you are growing up way too fast for my liking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment