Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas......

This is the year I decided I wasn't even going to attempt to forgo the pajama ritual on Christmas Eve.  I've tried before, and it didn't bode well.  And besides.  How would I get my kids to pose in front of the tree if I didn't have the excuse of new pajamas?
Christmas this year was on a Sunday.  And we have 9 o'clock church.  Shawn and I decided that we would have the kids check out what Santa brought, go to church, then open presents after we returned from our meeting.  I loved it!  It made Christmas morning so perfect.  Usually it's over in 2.3 minutes.  This time it lasted until almost noon.  Fabulous.  Santa doesn't go all out around here.  We try to keep it pretty low key so the greedy's don't grab hold of our holiday. 

Pictures in case anyone doubts my seriousness in saying we don't go overboard.  We've found that keeping it simple also keeps it enjoyable.
My favorite part of Christmas morning?  The scramble on my bed, and the traditional line up of anticipation.

Presley recieved a trampoline that's just her size.  And her favorite fruit snacks.  She ate the entire box in 15 minutes.  And we let her.

Kennedy unexpectedly recieved a pet hamster which she named Russell.  Total surprise being as I told her she'd never have a pet while co-existing in my house.  I'm a total sucker around the holidays.  But I'll never admit that out loud.
Ethan got a few new rubiks cubes.  A 2x2 and a pyraminx.  Something you won't see me sneaking to play with.  Also the dart board he "needed" for entertainment purposes.  And to challenge his father.

Landon got the giant puppy his heart desired.  And a video game that made him smile.

And Jack?  He got paper.   Because that is what he wanted.  "Just a box of plain white printer paper so I can make stuff".  Seriously. Wish. Granted.
The best part of this particular Christmas was that Shawn was with us the entire day.  No pager interrupting the gift opening.  No epidurals pending.  No celebrating one day early or one day late so he could join us for an hour to celebrate.  The whole entire day.  With us.  Amazingly glorious.  And seeing that my kindergartner who just learned to read discovered a new passion?  Icing on the cake.







No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.