Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Great Wolf Lodge.....

Shawn had this last week off of work.  It also happened to be my birthday.  I suggested (strongly) that what I wanted for my birthday was to take the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge.  Wish granted.  For those of you unfamiliar, this place is a hotel with an indoor water park.  It's large.  Loud.  And a lot of fun. 
This is what part of the inside looks like.  There is a lot more to this place.  The older 3 kids were tall enough for all the rides to ride alone.  I caught up with each one sporadically throughout the time spent here.  Landon, however, was only tall enough to ride the large rides with an adult.  Me.  Serious bonding with the boy.  Presley?  She wasn't so much of a fan.  Shawn took over charge of her.  She lasted only an hour the first night.  The next day he spent time exploring the area outside of the hotel with her while the rest of us swam.  It worked out nicely because by the time noon rolled around he was able to bring us back lunch.  Which we enjoyed in the comfort of our hotel room.  Then Shawn and Presley napped while we all went back to the water park.  At about 4:30 the boys were done swimming.  So.  I went back up and got Presley.  Her, Kennedy, and I hung out for another hour.  That also happened to be the only time I brought my camera out at the park.  Too much fun to worry about pictures.
Sadly, I think Presley enjoyed pressing the elevator buttons more than she enjoyed the water.  She's her daddy's girl.
 She started to warm up a little.  If I'd let her splash me.  That always makes her enjoy herself.  At the expense of the mother.
 Water splashing in her face wasn't so much her friend.  Unless she was causing the splash. 
Kennedy always manages to make everything more fun for Presley.  I love watching them together.

In the evening at 8 pm they host a story time around the fireplace in the lobby.  We got all the kids cuddled up in pajamas and headed down.  To the lamest story time.  Ever.  Landon said to me "why did you make me walk all the way down here for this?!"  Yep.  Lame.  I was tempted to just pretend I was with the lodge and get up and tell my own story.  It would have been more entertaining. 
 Ethan was a pretty good sport.
So was Kennedy.
Jack was even willing to take a picture with the token mascot.
 Next to story time was an ice cream shop.  Photo ops and ice cream?  Nice.
 We took our sweets back to our room to indulge in privacy.  (or to contain Presley) 
 Jack and his cone.  (notice he's actually wearing a shirt?  Crazy.)
 Landon is thrilled with his choice, Ethan drunk with excitement. 
 Kennedy opted for a crystal sugar sucker instead of ice cream.
 Shawn chose strawberry in a bowl.  Which he had to share with Presley.
 Friday we checked out of the hotel and went to breakfast at IHOP.  Our families favorite breakfast destination.  Near the hotel is an amazing set of outlet malls.  And fountains for kids and dads entertainment.



Once the fun of flipping pennies in the fountain wore off, and the boys had pretty much drenched themselves, we started our journey home.  The joy of vacationing only an hour away is that it's such a short trip back home.  What a great little get-a-way.  Came at the perfect time.  Thanks babe for allowing me to celebrate my birthday how I wanted.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

soo fun! Brians brother in CA goes there almost every thanksgiving. it would be fun to go with you guys someday. I didn't realize you were so close! thanks for updating!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.