Monday, April 18, 2011

Color Me Please.....

This egg dying ritual is the worst part of the entire Easter holiday for me.  As a kid it was great.  As a mother?  Not so much.  A mess waiting to happen.  But.  It's a right of passage as a child.  So.  I cave.  Every.  Single.  Year.  Did I mention only one of my kids will actually eat hard boiled eggs? 
This year I found a dye kit that appeared to not be as messy as years past.  (Especially when used only when the two year old is napping.)





*note:  I do not make my boys strip every time we do a family activity.  This occurs naturally.  And.  It still does not stop them from managing to get whatever medium they are working with all over their clothes anyway.  Strange phenomenon. * **Also to note:  Ethan did participate in this activity.  He just hurried and finished before I had a chance to break out the camera.**

5 comments:

Us Lochers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Us Lochers said...

Sorry... I posted but I forgot some words, so it just sounded like jibberish. Hopefully this one works out better.

I can't believe you've already dyed eggs!! We're lucky if we get that done the day before. Is it supposed to be done prior to that?

Also, Brian and I dye regular eggs and the kiddos dye boiled eggs... that way we still have the fun but not so many hard boiled eggs that aren't going to get eaten.

Natalie said...

I am dreading the egg coloring too......

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Bad Mom award goes to me - I don't even attempt it with them. And don't ask how many times we've done Easter Egg hunts for FHE....as in the day AFTER Easter, since I can get the eggs (which I always manage to lose from the previous year) on clearance. For shame!

rebecca said...

I love this way that looks less messy! I"m gong to have to find that kit! Love the looks of concentration;)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.