Monday, April 18, 2011

Baking Beauties.....

A month ago when Kennedy and Jenna heard we were planning a neighborhood garage sale, they jumped all over the chance to hold their own little bake sale while we were selling all of our stuff.  Kennedy bought a book on creative ways to decorate cupcakes.  I took them to the store to purchase all of the items on her list, but that was the extent of my helping.  It's usually hard for me to let things like this happen without my interference.  I'm OCD and am typically afraid of what the outcome might be.  But.  This time?  I just set the tools for them to use on the counter and went downstairs.  I left them to their own devices.  Was I a little nervous?  Sure.  But not enough to intervene.  It's time for my little girl (and her friend) to figure things out on their own.  And.  Wow.  I'm sure glad I did.  Their creations wouldn't have turned out near as perfect as if I'd tried my hand at helping.  They made little "fruit pie" cupcakes.

 They also made a few "Easter basket" cupcakes.  These girls might one day end up on TLC with their own baking show one day. 
And.  They made a killing at the bake sale.  The pies went super fast, the baskets not as fast.  They made money faster than I did.  Must be their irresistible smiles along with the baked goods that grabbed peoples attention.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Soooooo impressed!!

Unknown said...

CUTE!! I love those cupcakes!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.