Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Alignment...
The guy that owns the moving company in town came over last night to give us our estimate. He actually gave us a "confirmed" price which means he will not charge us more than he says it will be. We are all set as far as that goes. And I don't have to pack. Not one box. Except for the suitcases we will need to live out of for a few days. Nice. This should be a good move. Right? All the stars are aligning, but that doesn't mean it will go off without a hitch. I've mentioned before that I'm a planner. I like every detail ironed out nicely. Things like---when should my mom come that would be the absolute most help? When am I going to get blinds for the new rental because I want my kids to sleep past the suns first awakening? And I need a shower rod. What color shower curtain do I want in my bathroom? And then will I just get new towels and rugs to match? It's only a rental. All these stupid nit-picky details that I know are ridiculous. Who cares. Life will continue regardless and everyone will still be alive, right? Only. I find myself thinking of these ridiculous details. In the middle of the night. At 3 am when my bladder is full I slowly make my way into the bathroom and the first thing I step on is the rug. The rug that doesn't have a shower curtain to match, or a rod to hold said shower curtain. Then I notice the street light peeking through the blinds. The ones we don't have in our rental yet. By then I can't stop the thoughts. My 30 second bathroom trip turns into an hour of tossing and turning and going over dates, time lines, and airplane trips trying to make this all culminate into the perfect move. Ridiculous. And a serious waste of good sleep. I wish I could just lay down on my pillow and sleep away all my stress. Shawn does. When he is stressed, sleep is what he does best. And let me tell you. Lately he has been seriously stressed. While I am busy planning our lives in the wee morning hours my husband is sleeping especially sound. Irritating. Maybe now that the mover is secured I'll be able to quit the obsessing. Maybe I need to cut out liquids past 7 pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
12 comments:
i always thought we were alot alike, but i'm starting to think we are veeeery different. good luck!
At least you have movers coming! I totally sympathize with you. I'm trying to go over every detail of our new house. I've had the same shower curtain/new rug dilemma--"Should I move these? Maybe for the basement bath. But I'm really tired of purple." If I put them down there they'll probably stay for 5 years, etc. etc." Good luck!
Tylenol PM--you'll sleep through your stress. And I'll need something to do, so I'll take care of the rugs, shower curtains and blinds.
the old saying, "don't sweat the small stuff..." it applies here, i wish i could follow it! I stress about those same little things. I think i do it because they are minor, easy fix problems...unlike some things that may really cause the stress, like starting over in a new area for instance...so stress away about bathroom rugs if that is what helps you feel better, but do it while you are awake so you aren't up all night
Hilarious!...... and you and I are sooooo alike!
Maybe that's why some peoples' houses look as if they were decorated, whereas mine looks like a circus blew up. I am a spontaneous shopper, not a planner. But you know what, I sleep really well...
I think Lynz is right, though. If stressing about the small stuff keeps you from going insane about the big stuff, then let it work for you. I hope all your stressing and worrying pays off and the stars align in your favor. Have fun. Take pictures.
I thought I was reading about myself and Brent--except we didn't get movers.
Hurray for movers!!!! I love them - the two time that we moved that we had movers was awesome. Lots less stress. Happy days!! Enjoy the not having to pack everything - there will be plenty of unpacking at the other end. :(
Good luck with everything.
Get a shower rod, Jayne...and I recommend a crazy fun bathroom set that you wouldn't put in your normal house...just to remind you that you're getting back to normal 'life' someday! And blinds? Black Out Thick...curtains seem more up your ally....lol
All our love from Washington!
Bwahahaha! Hear you, completely. I wrote a post just yesterday about not being able to sleep. Thinking about ridiculous things in the night. I did drink an entire quart of water right before bed, too. What was I thinking. Well. That I'd just been walking and I was really thirsty. And too tired to consider the consequences of drinking said quart of water right before bed.
Lol! I'm the same way. My mind seems somewhere else all day but at night, I can't get it to shut down (especially when moving details enter into it)!! I'm sure your new bathroom will be lovely...
Post a Comment