There were 5 of us coming from different parts of the country. It was glorious when we all arrived at the hotel within 30 minutes of each other. Serendipity at it's finest. We hit the magnificent mile with a vengeance. Well, H & M anyway. One of the stores we could actually afford to hit. Then we found authentic Chicago for dinner.
I headed into the bathroom after the meal, and of course, the stall door failed me once again. I started to develop a fear of public restrooms. And of the security of locked stalls being breached. We headed back to the hotel to drop off a few bags and let our stomachs settle before we headed out again. To this little find. Only it wasn't so little. At least not the portion size.
The hotel Four Points by Sheraton Magnificent Mile Downtown Chicago was a mouthful. And the perfect location.
We reserved a room that slept 5, only it wasn't available. Whatever. Natalie used her skills and got breakfast free for our troubles. Love traveling with a girl that has skills. Saturdays weather was perfect. We decided the running path along Lake Michigan was a must. Ashley and I reminisced about our fun run together a few years back and jogged together. Beautiful day. Beautiful scenery. And great company.


We split up that afternoon. Nat & Jess headed to Mary Poppins, while us 3 others headed to The Robie House designed by Franklin Lloyd Wright.
We split up that afternoon. Nat & Jess headed to Mary Poppins, while us 3 others headed to The Robie House designed by Franklin Lloyd Wright.
I won't go through the entire tour, just know that it was pretty cool. While waiting for the tour we strutted our stuff down a few alleyways.....
Some have better stuff to strut than others. I learned that my seductive model face looks more like I'm summoning evil demons. Ash and Katherine could both make it on the runway. Ash--even when you are posing like you are being arrested. Only us 3 girls will get that. Just what makes a trip like this memorable.
Impeccable timing once again when we met up for dinner. All at the exact same time. Nobody waiting on anybody. At the Grand Luxe.
Delicious. Then more shopping. Jess and I laughed as we sat in the lobby of the mall just outside the glass windows of Sephora. We watched as the other 3 listened to hair and make-up tips admitting that we were the ones who truly needed the tips and we were outside.
Parting is such sweet sorrow after a weekend like this. One by one our group slowly dispersed on Sunday. It was pouring rain. Just the city of Chicago crying that we were leaving. Jess to her train, then Ashley to hers. Before we parted ways with Natalie we were afforded one last shot in the hotel lobby.
(notice my shoes. They were my perfect find in Nordstroms that very morning.)
Girls--I don't think it could have been more fun. We each really brought something different to the group that just meshed well. Thanks for entertaining the idea of a get-a-way that was much needed for me. I now know to never use a restroom without a fully functioning lock, and even then having someone stand guard. My sides still hurt from laughing, my feet hurt from walking, and my soul is fuller than ever. Good times. Good times.
10 comments:
What an AWESOME trip! One day I'll be as cool as you are, Jayne, and meet my friends in Chicago or NY for a weekend getaway. I really am jealous, that trip sounded totally worth it.
Sounds incredible!!
that sounds awesome! I love Chicago!
Jayne, sounds like your trip was great!! After I hung up the phone yesterday, I realized you didn't tell me much about it. So I'm glad you're a blogger.
how fun!! we need a sisters trip. and you look darling. I have to say I am very proud of you for taking a purse, a big one and it is DARLING!!
Truly, I don't know if I've ever been so refreshed and exhausted at the same time. It was the perfect weekend, I'm so glad you let me tag along. And why am I laughing so hard in that picture at Giordano's? I don't remember anything being THAT funny at the time. Although, about a half hour later, Katherine could barely breathe she was laughing so hard at your bathroom incident. Great times, great times.
How fun!!! Five of my favorite people together in one place;) You girls could make any trip hilarious and refreshing!!!
Okay, I changed my mind....can I go now. I bet you all would love to re-enact the weekend. But I would skip the running and have to waddle instead. What a great weekend you have for the memories.
Exhausting and refreshing...... and SO what I needed. I LOVE YOU JAYNE! (I teared-up as I typed that, seriously) SAP!
The shoes! I want the shoes! What a fun weekend. You need to make it an annual. And the older you get the better the trips will get! I know.
Post a Comment