This afternoon while I was making lunch Ethan asked me a question. I don't even remember what it was----but it needed a long drawn out explanation of an answer. Kennedy was sitting at the counter next to Ethan. I was sure she was listening to our conversation. How could she be sitting so close looking at me and really not hearing anything at all? Only, she wasn't hearing a word. As soon as I let the last sentence of my answer pass my lips, she asked me the same question. Using the exact same words. I was dumbfounded.
Me: Kennedy. Did you seriously not hear a word I've been saying? Didn't you hear Ethan ask that same question?
Kennedy: No.
Me: I don't get it. You are just like.....oblivious to life sometimes.
Kennedy: Who's oblivious? Do I know her?
I think I need to be worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
2 comments:
Oblivious? So who is she?
Kennedy is just fine. I relate to that experience! So many times I find myself off somewhere - call it an out of body experience if you want - only to return at some point.
Don't worry about her - she is perfectly normal. I expect you have your own moments 'away', lost in your own thoughts.
I totally 100% relate to this. Sometimes it makes me want to scream. Sometimes I actually do!
Post a Comment