Salt dough creations. Super easy to make the dough, and it's hours of entertainment. I do have many of these creations drying all over my counters causing serious clutter, but the entertainment value is worth it.
Cutting apples the "new" way. I got this beautiful contraption from my mom for Christmas. The kids can use this thing themselves. And what a fun way to eat apples, right?
Of course letting them take turns with the camera is as easy as it gets. Unfortunately, I end up being the subject a lot of the time. Beggars can't be choosers in this situation.




Little sisters that are learning new tricks provide numerous stretches of entertainment throughout any given day. We could all watch her for hours. And we actually do.


We dance. Until our hearts are content. Kennedy loves "maneater". It gets her heart pumping. She knows where to find the repeat button on my ipod. I think the record is 10 times before I insist we try out a new tune.
The hardest time of my day hits around 7 pm. Homework. And baths. Trying to clean 5 kids can be tricky. Ethan is easy. "Get in the shower son". Done. Presley is a breeze. She can be toted and doesn't have a say. The other 3? Different story. Jack and Landon run around naked until I use my "mom" voice to get them into the tub. Kennedy dawdles until she realizes I'm really angry and then slowly makes her way in too. She could shower but she is so slow to do so. So painfully slow. Monday I found myself getting anxious as 7 pm drew near. Then genius me. I have a jetted tub in my bathroom. Only. It's my bathroom. Nobody allowed. My sanctuary doesn't like to be invaded with little bodies. Which is what makes me such a genius. Forbidden territory makes things all that more enticing. "Hey kids? Do you want to take a bath in my tub tonight?" All 3 were naked and waiting in my bathroom before I could make it down the hall. Genius. I wonder how many nights this will be a novelty before they realize it's all just an easy way out for me?
So, Shawn. While you are slaving away under some other hospitals tutelage, this is what we are doing. Don't mistake all our fun for not missing you. We are surviving. We will all be glad when April 1st hits and we see you around here once again. Oh so glad.
6 comments:
3 weeks already? Where has the time gone???
I've actually thought of you alot this month. Keith is on his one and only out rotation right now in AZ and will be home this Saturday. There have been many times where I have had to tell myself, "Jayne does this, so can you!" But I think you do it much better than I do . I need to do fun things like you do with your kids too.
You are definitely superwoman! I will think of you when I start to complain about Ben having meetings 3 or more nights in a row! Looks like you're having fun and finding ways to pass the time. Hang in there!
I left you an award on my blog, make sure you check it out!!! I said sweet and totally honest things about you!
I found you because google reader has you highlighted on the side bar. You're famous! If only it meant you were rich, too, right.
Just a guess, but is your husband a Kirksville student? Mine graduated from KCOM in 2002 and this summer we'll finally be....done. We're doing his fellowship year and have 4 kids so I am sending you understanding and empathy for those out rotations!!!
Hi Jayne. Congratulations on Shawn's job. That's great that you found a place you feel so great about. Good luck with the last few memorable months!
Post a Comment