Saturday, December 27, 2008

Days...

I'm blogging upstairs in my bed. Yep. I said in my bed. Shawn got a laptop for Christmas and we are now wireless. I feel like we are finally catching up to the rest of the world technology wise. All that is left is to get a texting plan on our phones. Not until June. By then there might be something even more ingenious than texting. Who knows. I love the portability of wireless. Who would have thought.
I haven't been blogging a lot lately because I don't really feel like anything I've done has actually been blog-worthy. I've kind of been in a rut. I actually would go as far as saying that I have not been enjoying my life. I've felt a lot like Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day, only the stuff I was repeating was feeding, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, washing, and wiping. Day after day. Feeling like I'm alone raising my kids is hard. I didn't sign up for this. Then the Saturday before Christmas Shawn sent me out of town shopping without kids. He had the weekend off and let me take a much needed break. I came home ready to conquer this week with school being out of session. Only Shawn has actually been around a lot. Surgeons aren't really doing elective surgeries and there haven't been too many emergencies, so he's been home. I forgot how much easier it is to be a parent when the burden is shared. It's actually enjoyable. When I feel frustrated because so and so did this, he's there to evaluate the situation with me. Nice. I can actually raise these people without raising my blood pressure. Or being committed. It has given me a glimpse of what life might actually be like when he is done with this residency and has a real job. I can't wait. But first I have to get through the next 3 months. They don't get any experience with cardiac anesthesia here, so he needs to leave. 3 months. He won't be home until April. Bleh. We might be able to see him some weekends, but it's still unknown if that will be a reality. I know I'm capable, I've made it this far, but man. Life sure is much better when there is a Dad at home. If you call and I don't answer, it's because I've locked myself in the closet and forgot to bring the phone in with me.
Presley rolled over today. Stomach to back. I was giving her tummy time (apparently required now) and she just rolled over easy peasy. Like she'd been doing it for years. After 4 times I got out the video camera. Of course that is when she decided she'd rather be on her stomach. So no video of this one. Maybe I'll catch her in the act some other time. She is laying beside me and now thinks she needs some attention. I don't think the portability of this thing is going to make me Mother of the Year.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You poor thing. It has been hard for me and I am only 4 months into the 7 year process. I admire you for making it this far and know that you can make it through the rest! Hang in there! You are so close, the light at the end of the tunnel is at your fingertips! You are a great mom and I admire you for that, along with many other things.

Natalie said...

She is rolling over already????..... Wow! Just think: at the end of 3 months, Shawn will come back to the P90X version of Jayne. Having this purpose is going to make the time fly! (I'm hoping so too!)

Rhonda said...

three months! What the crap! Are they all about keeping daddy's away from their families in that doctor business? It is a good thing you are such a strong, independent woman. A force to be reckoned with and basically the closest thing to wonder woman there is. Have fun with that new lap top and email me...I miss you guys! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Judaloo said...

I get frustrated sometimes too with how much Ryan is gone. and I only have one, and he is home every single night. So what do I have to complain about? Apparently, NOTHING! I am so sorry, but just remember, this is just a season. It will pass, and better times will come.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.