Thursday, December 18, 2008
Catching Up....
Poor Landon. Being the youngest of older siblings is hard. They all get into bed at 8 pm, but nobody really goes to sleep until after 8:30. Some read in bed until well after 9. Landon tries so hard to keep up that he fights sleep until the last possible second. Everyone gets up for school by 6:45. Sometimes he'll sleep through the hubbub, but he usually runs squinty eyed into the living room so he doesn't miss anything. As a result of this, the boy is tired. Ridiculously so. One morning I passed him in the living room on the floor while putting away clothes. Apparently his early wake up left him too exhausted to even come into my room to let me know he was awake.
Sunday after church he wanted to watch "Word World" on my TV in my bedroom. I told him to wait a few minutes while I finished putting the meatballs together. I found him like this when I finally made it in to turn on his show.
Yesterday he fell asleep every time we got in the car to go somewhere. He is seriously lacking sleep. If only he'd take a nap. By nap I mean in his bed on my time schedule. Maybe one day he'll completely catch up and be the happy boy I once remember. Or, maybe he will just turn 4 and leave this 3 year old phase far behind him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
2 comments:
Poor little guy falls asleep just short of something cozy. Those couches look cozy, and I'm sure your bed is cozy!
I sleep my kids with such military flair that they NEVER sleep anywhere but their beds. It drives me crazy. That was a huge factor in my choice to home school...I just can't wake them up. They woke up at 9:22 today, and went to bed at 8 last night. I love sleepers!
Jayne...just to catch you up,
4 isn't any easier. They just know more, and talk back.
I think it's all that plush carpet that is making him curl up and sleep.
Post a Comment