Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Swiffer Duty...

I guess I'm sick of the messy state my upstairs is in. I'm tripping over toys constantly. Since I can't clean that yet, I decided to give my bathrooms the deep clean, and the floors as well. After scrubbing tubs, toilets, sinks, and mirrors, it was time to tackle the floors. I opened my new swiffer wet-jet and it was pretty easy to put together. It smelled yummy. Some kind of febreeze scent or something. After mopping two bathrooms, the laundry room, the front entry, and the kitchen, I came to a few conclusions. 1) This is sooooo much easier than getting on my hands and knees in my current state. 2) This could get pretty pricey because I used almost one entire bottle just doing today's floors. 3) Tile grout will not come clean without getting down on the floor myself. As for today, I'm happy with the results. It smells fresh and clean, looks pretty good, and I've at least had enough energy to tackle this feat. When I finished with the last floor I realized it was lunch time. No way was I going to let my kids eat in my newly cleaned kitchen. We ate at burger king where someone else cleaned up the mess. How many meals can we eat out so I don't have to clean again until the baby is born? And do kids really need to use my clean bathrooms? I'm thinking of ordering a port-a-potty to put on my front lawn.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I used to use a Swiffer too, but I had too much area to clean and replacing the solution and the pads was getting expensive. I use a Hoover wet jet thingy now and I absolutely love it!!! It really sucks if you know what I mean. It was pricey, so I bought it for myself the day after Thanksgiving this last years--you know how great those sales are. I still have to pay for solution, but it does a million times better job than I can do and like you said, my knees can't stand it!

Sarah said...

I think the port-a-potty is a great idea. I would love to see that on your lawn.

Becca said...

I think the port-a-poty is a great idea--someone else will come and service it for you and that will take care of all the mess!
The other day Madeline asked me if she could use the bucket and clean our tile floors. Then she made me so proud by asking for a toothbrush to go at the grout! I'm sure it's a once in a lifetime thing, but I'll take it when I can get it!

Rhonda said...

I loved my swiffer too...great for corners but the solution gets pricey so being the frugal person (or cheap as some say) that I am I opened the cap to the solution, put in my own and just keep reusing the bottle....works great! I haven't found something to replace the pads though...throwing them away is just so nice.

Abby said...

YES! WHY clean when it's just going to look exactly the same within a 24-hour period?!

I think I'm going to have to try this swiffer jet thingie.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.