Thursday, July 24, 2008
Gadgets....
I'm a clean-floor kind of girl. I know I've mentioned it before, but it's true. If my house is kind of messy, but my floors are freshly mopped, life is good. My floors suffer when I'm pregnant. The 1st trimester I'm too sick. I don't do too badly the 2nd trimester, but then the 3rd hits. My floors rarely get mopped. The only way I like to clean floors is on my hands and knees. This is the only way that I can guarantee every little smudge is wiped free. There is nothing like a hand-mopped-floor. This is why I fail to mop my 3rd trimester. The whole hands-and-knees thing is virtually impossible. Oh, I'm sure I could get down, it's the getting back up part I'm afraid of. So, with every pregnancy, including this one, once I've got about 6 weeks left and I can no longer handle the grunge, I give in and buy a mop. Every time it's been a different kind. I've used the old fashioned with the big bucket, the spongy squeegee type, the swiffer wet mop, and some other kind I don't recall. This time I bought the swiffer wet-jet. I've heard good things. We'll see. Even if it doesn't make my floors sparkle at least I'll feel like I've put forth an effort. If I stay true to my past then a few weeks after the baby is born I'll put the mop deep in a cupboard and get back on my knees. But for now? Don't be afraid to visit. My floor will be swiffered by tomorrow at noon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
2 comments:
I am the same way about mopping the floor, Jayne. Has to be on my hands and knees! Good luck with the Swiffer. I've looked at it a dozen times, but always feel like the hand nad knees gets it so much better.
Sorry you are getting big, but I guess that is how it goes to bring a child in this world. Your floors can always wait! Just close your eyes!
Hey sorry I don't comment very much, but I thought you would like to know I found Kimber's blog and Mandy(Winders) blog. I have'nt posted Mandy's blog on my blog yet. I will try to soon, but Kimber's is there. I love this blog stuff, especially running into other people's blog I haven't seen for years! Love and miss you
! Mist
Post a Comment