Thursday, May 22, 2008

Here Froggie Froggie.....

Warmer weather (and rain) mean an abundance of frogs and toads in our neighborhood. Ethan and Kennedy love to catch them, and the little boys love to play with them. Yesterday Landon came running in the house saying, "I caught a frog! I caught a frog in Chris's yard while I was lawning the grass!" I figured he'd left it outside. Wrong. He opened his fist and was holding a frog the size of his palm. He was so excited. I finally got it back outside and he was showing me how it jumped right in front of his mower so he grabbed it. (He is very dramatic with his speech. He doesn't only tell, he shows what he tells.) I love the days when we can be outside all day long and have no need to enter the house until bath time. Lovely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Luckily no frogs here. Your boys are so cute and getting so big. We miss you guys!

Charmayne said...

That looks like so much fun! Hope you all have a great long weekend.

Rebecca Pierce said...

THAT IS HUGE! We catch frogs on almost a weekly basis, but NEVER somthing that big! I know they are out there because they are loud and I hear them all night, but I never see them! I want one that big!

valerie said...

We have tons of toads in our yard too. Our kids love to catch them and play with them. I can't stand to touch them. They look so nasty!! Yuck!! That's one big toad your kids caught!!

rebecca said...

I love how you capture these moments!!! Those two are the cutest guy around chasing after those toads! I can't believe how grown up Landon is!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.