Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hawaiian Vacation....Day 4

Shawn and I were waking up around 6 am most mornings.  Mostly because of our early bedtimes.  But I think the mornings we spent together were my favorite part of this trip.  We'd wake up, put on some shorts, and head out the door.  We'd either walk along the shoreline, or just along the sidewalk, into town for breakfast.  It took about 30 minutes to walk to (cheap) food, and 30 minutes to walk back.  We'd take our time and just enjoy the warm early morning sun, the smells, the fresh air, and each other.  Sometimes these walks would last 2 hours or more.  Fabulous.  Tuesday morning we walked along the beach until we found food, then walked back through town.  We decided that this day would be a day of no plans.  Just laying around doing nothing.  After our breakfast walk we ran into Ed and Heidi and walked around our resort for a bit.  I stopped to see what kinds of tours our hotel offered, and there was a turtle snorkel tour that excited me.  I love ginormous turtles.  And I'd only been snorkeling once.  So.  We decided to book a tour for 1:30 that afternoon. 
We had a few hours to kill before our tour so I took that time to lay by the pool while the other three went to dive shops looking for wetsuits.  I didn't need one, so I was content to read my book in the glorious sunshine.  They brought back lunch and then we headed to the boat.  Shawn bought a full body wetsuit that took a small army to get on him, but he was completely safe from any kind of sunshine penetrating him.  Something he isn't a fan of. 





I loved the turtles!  I'm a complete novice when it comes to snorkeling.  I was amazed at how bouyant I was in the ocean.  I think I could really enjoy this as a hobby.  Too bad I live in a landlocked State......
After the tour we had a few more hours to kill before dinner.  Shawn went back to the room to read.  I laid by the pool a bit more, then went to the gym for a bit.  We met for dinner and went to the Old Spaghetti Factory.



No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.