Monday, November 28, 2011

Hawaiian Vacation....Day 3

Monday we decided would be a day that we hit the water.  Snorkeling.  I guess I should mention that Ed lived in Hawaii a number of years ago when he was in the Navy.  So he knew his way around.  It was nice to have someone with us that knew where they were going.
We decided to hike Waimea Falls first.  A short hike to a waterfall where you can swim.  It was like hiking in the Garden of Eden.  So lush and green.  And full of exotic flowers.
We reached the waterfall and discovered that the water was freezing.  The boys chickened out and stayed on shore.  I wasn't about to let this opportunity pass me by!  Heidi and I gritted our teeth and got in the water.  And we were so glad we did!



We took our time hiking back out.
And Shawn felt the need to run on the grass he would love to grow in our yard.
Crazy boy.  Then we got in the car to find a snorkeling beach.  The day had been overcast, and raining off and on.  When we passed the Vans Surfing Competition we decided to stop for a bit after eating lunch at a local burger dive.  Surfers are amazing.  It was fun to see professionals working the waves.  Unfortunately for us snorkelers, waves are not our friends.  We drove all around the island hitting beach after beach trying to find a place calm enough to snorkel.  It just wasn't happening.  By the time we decided maybe Hanauma Bay would have to be the best place, it was too late in the day to make it happen.  So.  What did we do?  Stop by Magnum P.I.'s stomping ground of course.  Ed is a huge fan of Magnum.  And so is Shawn.  Sadly it took going all the way to Hawaii to learn this little fact about my husband of 16 years.  We spent time taking pictures all around Magnum's little bay.  If I would've known this was on the agenda I would've brushed up on my knowledge!  I've since repented and watched a few episodes.  It's fun to see on TV a place where you've actually been in real life.  Boys and their heroes.






A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.