Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jack's Performance....

Jackson finished first grade this year.  And according to him "I'm the smartest kid in my class.  Todd is second smartest."  He's such a modest child.  His class put on a few small plays for the parents to observe.  Jack was chosen to be narrator of the play he was in.  (He also told me he's the best reader in his class.  Hmmm.  Maybe a humility lesson is in order?)

I guess all joking aside, Jack is a very smart boy with a lot of potential.  At his current age he loves everything medicine.  And is eager to go to work with Shawn every chance he gets to witness epidurals or surgeries if the timing is right.  This year he also became fascinated with "The Lion, The Witch, And the Wardrobe" series.  He saw the "Prince Caspian" movie and it quickly became his favorite.  When he found out there were more movies he was thrilled.  But.  Then he found out there was an entire book series.  He was elated!  And he read the series in it's entirety.  He's moved on now to Harry Potter.  After book one he watched the movie.  He said "I liked the movie, but I loved the book.  When I read I get better mental images than when I watch the movie".  I love that he's such an enthusiastic reader.  A boy after his mother's heart.

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

thank you for entertaining me today. you are a great writer and i love your blog... i still have 4 hours of class so keep updating! ;)

rebecca said...

He was smart when I met him as a baby! I can't believe how big he is now! What a cutie!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.