Saturday, December 5, 2009

Katelyn....

This is Katelyn.
I call her Kate. Or Katie. My kids call her Aunt Kate. She is my baby sister. (I can refer to her as that because there is a 13 year age difference.) Katie was 7 when I got married. I'll pass on letting you know my age when she got married last weekend. Because she was so young when I left the house, we don't have your typical sister type relationship. She would come spend some long weekends with us and it was like a vacation to her. (I think). I've always enjoyed Kate. She is very laid back. And pretty calm. It's hard to ruffle her feathers. At least I've never seen it. My kids adore her. So. When she called to let us know she would be tying the knot, Shawn and I opted to drive a bazillion hours to witness the occasion. And meet the guy that stole her heart. Cory.
Who is adorable himself. And one lucky guy to nab Katelyn as his wife. (Odd that I don't have a picture of them actually together on their wedding day.) But I do have one of us together. Man. I need some sleep. Or botox. But Kate. She is breathtakingly beautiful. Especially in her white dress.
The entire family showed up for this wedding. The first time in a few years we've all been together. My brothers obviously adore Kate. You can tell by the looks on their faces as they watch her. Ben. Matt. Charlie.
They love me too. Matt just shows it in public.
And then the sisters. Me. Kate. Lyndsey.
Congratulations Kate. I'm happy for you that you found your prince charming. We all are. Thanks for letting us enjoy your special day with you. You two are the perfect match. Next in line to Me and Shawn of course. I can't imagine a match more perfect then ours. But I'm sure you are right up there next to us.

11 comments:

Katherine said...

She looks beautiful. Congratulations Katelyn!

Danelle said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, for posting this Jayne! I have begged Katelyn to update her blog so I could see her man better, but apparently she doesn't care that her middle sister's former roommate wants to know more about her life. Sheesh.

The Thomas family is one of my favorites. You are all so stinking cute and I love how much you love each other. Jealous that you have brothers, glad you same a sisterhood like I do with mine. I'm happy for Kate that she got to have you all there on her big day.

Danelle said...

I meant "share a sisterhood" not "same a sisterhood." oops.

Audrey said...

Beautiful bride. Snow?!?!? Brrr! We've been down in the 50s here and we feel like we're freezing.
And, completely unrelated, but to pass on--did you know that The Glass Castle author wrote a new book called Half Broke Horses? I hear it's fab!

Natalie said...

Great pictures--love the bangs!!

HeatherWasHere said...

Love this Jayne! These are the first pictures I have seen of the old Thomas clan since they left Clovis so many years ago. How well everyone looks. What a stellar family.

Anonymous said...

Jayne - what a precious time, glad you were able to share it with your lil' sis. Amazing...we have photos of your wedding with Shawn. Kerry still enjoys the memory of arranging your bouquet and some of the fun behind the scenes. :) They look very happy!

Jessica said...

Jayne: I didn't know you had a twin! And BANGS! They look great.

Raquel said...

Hmmmm she is pulling off the "Im not cold, I love wearing a short sleeve dress in winter." look just fab. like any good bride does.
Jayne, lookin good my friend!

Anonymous said...

Wait....what temple is that??? You are in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Love this blog and I love your bangs Jayne. You look so beautiful. What a fun family you have Jayne. They are lucky to have you as their big sister.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.