Thank goodness I had planned on having a party or he'd be eternally 3. Superhero theme, with serious Iron Man undertones was the party he wanted. He was very specific. His friends donned their own super hero masks and colored in Iron Man coloring books for a few minutes. Just to get the party started.
We played a few games. Jumped in the bounce house. Opened presents. And then had the cake. This year? I ordered the cake. I'm not sure what made me venture out of the norm. But I did. Transformers was the chosen one. And it met Landon's every expectation. And more.
When the older kids got home from school we continued with a family version of Landon's big day. We headed over to the local college and ate Chik-fil-a in the student union building, followed by Landon's favorite sport. Bowling. Couldn't have been any better.
Landon is such a laid back little soul. He's so easy going. Every so often he just says out of the blue "I love you Mom". Especially when we are doing something that he enjoys doing. I'm finally starting to really get to know him this year. I've always thought he was a certain type of kid, and lumped him in with Jack. Now that Jack goes to school all day, I'm learning what Landon likes and dislikes. He's actually a lot more shy than I thought. And he likes structure. And isn't a fan of changing routines quickly. He takes his time. We love this little guy. Can't believe he's already 4 years old. Yesterday he kept saying to me "Who's the big 4 year old boy? I am! I am!" Then he'd make me ask it over and over so he could sing "I am!" at the top of his lungs. Apparently 4 is where it's at. We love you Landon. We are glad you are a part of our family.
7 comments:
Happy Late Birthday to Landon! What a great, little guy!
Happy Birthday little guy!
gotta love these cute little men. I am sure he will be a Super Hero when he grows up....to 5!
When I have a moment alone with one of my kids, it is those moments that I cherish. I'm not sure if we all become different people when we're all together - but they shine when we get a glimpse of them. You said it so well!
Handsome boy! Hope you guys are liking your new area! I miss seeing you.
He's 4???? Wow! You were pregnant with him when I met you! Time flies or does it seem like a long time ago??? Happy late birthday to that cute Iron Man :)
okay thats just funny-I just posted about my second little boy's November birthday and then was checking on people's blogs and came here. What's funny is the similarities Happy birthday to Landon!
Post a Comment