Grandma Deb got her a little white baptism necklace, a girly scripture case, and cinnamon bears (because they are good).
She had mentioned once upon a time that she would like a camera. She had one once. But it was a cheap little thing that we could never get the pictures off of. Worthless. I was thinking a cheap point and shoot would be perfect. Only. I called Shawn and had him stop to get it on his way home from work. How many times do I put Shawn in charge only to regret my decision? Too many to count. Sure. He bought her a camera. Not the one I would have chosen. Simply because I don't think my 8 year old daughter should be taking pictures with a better quality camera than the one I have in my possession currently. She loved it, of course. And it does take great pictures.

We had a little cake and ice cream and enjoyed Kennedy's evening really low key. Remember. I'd already celebrated this birthday with a full on slumber party back in June.
Her baptism needed to wait until September. Only because that is when Shawn would be done taking boards, and that is when Grandma and Grandpa Crook would be able to attend. So. September 3rd was the big day.
Kennedy. I'm proud of your decision to get baptized. We love you very much little girl. More than you will ever possibly be aware of. (Until you become a Mom. Then you might get it. A little bit.)
7 comments:
What a beauty!
Awww. Love these milestones. What a beautiful girl you have.
You've been busy? Haven't seen many posts lately... hope all is well.
Kennedy may grow up to be a Professional Photographer with that fancy camera! Her daddy is a good example of what she can become.
I LOVE cinnamon bears too! I dream about them everytime we go to walmart I just sniff the bag. Sniffing the bag helps me to get a little of my "fix." I don't buy them too often because I will eat them all in 2 days.
Congrats! I love the feelings at a baptism. And laugh at Shawn's birthday camera. We have the same issues here...
Way to go Kennedy! Michael is coming up on his in a few weeks-I can hardly believe it!
Congrats!!! I can't believe how soon that event is coming in my own life...for my daughter that is.
such a neat day.
Post a Comment