I love those 3 pictures. Shows what a morning at my house is truly like. Even if it wasn't my house per say. Notice Ethan's hand in a pushing motion on Landon who can't help but run everywhere and into everybody? Love it. And onto Zion.
It was perfect weather. Mid 60's. Jacket required if not in the sun. Perfect. First a mini-photo shoot for documentation that we were all indeed present, accounted for, and in such a beautiful location.
And of course, my boys find the dirt. Typical. And totally expected.
Presley takes a graham cracker break. That girl needs her food.
We were having so much fun playing around that we ended up staying in our "photo-shoot" area for 2 hours. Grumbling tummies took us away. We ate at the lodge, and then headed out on a hike. We opted for the short 1 mile in, 1 mile out actually hoping all little legs could make it both ways. Lower Emerald Pools was to be our destination.




We stopped along the way to enjoy the view. And of course, Shawn found more family photo-ops that he couldn't pass up.
We stopped along the way to enjoy the view. And of course, Shawn found more family photo-ops that he couldn't pass up.
The kids were awesome. Ethan even mentioned "this is the first time none of us have complained about being too tired! This is the best vacation ever!" Excellent. Landon's little legs did give out 1/2 mile into the hike. We were walking a pretty good clip because I envisioned the sun going down and us being stuck on some hillside. I hiked him the rest of the way in.
We made it. The whole way. Unscathed. And actually happy.
Of course the boys had to pee. Probably because the thought of aiming into a ginormous canyon was enticing. It wasn't until after I led them into the brush that I noticed this sign. Right next to where they emptied their bladders. Perfect.
After spending some time at our destination, we started back. I put Presley on my back and headed out with the 3 older kids, while Shawn took it really slow with Landon. Landon actually walked the entire mile back. All by himself. Or, his self, as he would say.
Pres fell asleep on my back on the way down. Once we got to the car, she needed to get out and run around before she was strapped back in. The rest of the kids were wiped out. But still happy. Which makes this one of my best family vacations too.
4 comments:
I love Zions! I'm glad Shawn got to go with you guys. Looks like a great time. I lOVE that picture of presley with the cracker.
Impressive...all of it.
I have to say, gotta love boys and the can pee anywhere ability.
I love your smile, Jayne! Classic you. =)
What fun Jayne! my sister has lived in Cedar for about 12 years and I have so many fun memories of going to visit her and that area-I love Zions. Isn't having our husbands back one of the most lovely things ever? I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!
Post a Comment