Of course I walked him in. He is just starting school. Kennedy's first day of 3rd grade. Her school is 1st-3rd.
I had to walk him in. It was mandatory. Something about him being only 3 and needing adult supervision. He could have found his way alone. Excitement is a serious understatement.
Jack also started soccer this week. He is on a team in a competitive league this year. Funny since he is a complete novice. A friend Jenifer's husband is the coach. (I sure do meet connected people. ) Lovely.
He loves it. He is clueless when it comes to the game. But he's teachable. He'll catch on eventually. And if he doesn't? He'll have a good year watching the other kids chase the ball.
And me? This week I started waking up at 4:15 so I can go running with my friend Julie that teaches school 30 minutes away. I'm home by 5:30 so I'm showered and ready for the kids to get up for school. And also ready to go back to bed myself. I'm hoping to get used to this new early routine and start getting to bed earlier. We'll see. I might have to change it up after the 1/2 marathon we are training for together. I don't know if my body can hack this kind of sleep-lacking torture. And I don't know if Shawn can handle the repercussions of my sleep-lacking. And Shawn. His first this week. NOTHING to study. Except me.
And me? This week I started waking up at 4:15 so I can go running with my friend Julie that teaches school 30 minutes away. I'm home by 5:30 so I'm showered and ready for the kids to get up for school. And also ready to go back to bed myself. I'm hoping to get used to this new early routine and start getting to bed earlier. We'll see. I might have to change it up after the 1/2 marathon we are training for together. I don't know if my body can hack this kind of sleep-lacking torture. And I don't know if Shawn can handle the repercussions of my sleep-lacking. And Shawn. His first this week. NOTHING to study. Except me.
6 comments:
Wow you have your hands full, hooray for the friend with all of the hooks ups!
3 different schools!!!????? WOW! But all the kids looks so cute, and big.
And of course you've made friends (connections or not) people are just drawn to you because of how fun and amazing you are! But I don't think I could hack the 4:15 thing--HOLY CRAP! You are amazing. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
That picture of Ethan by himself looks EXACTLY like Dad in some high school picture I've seen in in some old yearbook. Crazy.
Those tikes have grown like weeds! Jack looks especially like you have given him some type of growth hormone. Holy cow! It sounds like you are having a good time in your new 'ville!
You are dedicated to be getting up that early to run! It is SO nice to have a partner though, huh?! Shawn is going to have a rock-hard runner to study! ;) You really are a super-mom, and I think you attract those "connected" people because you're so connected yourself! All your kiddos are adorable. We'll have to start trading off walking the kids into preschool when the weather starts to get ucky.
4:15. I can't get over that. Are you kidding me? How are you doing that? Showered and ready before the kids up is flooring me as well. I always look like crap until about 11:00 myself. I love Kennedy's backpack!
Post a Comment