Monday, August 17, 2009
Done....
Boards are over. Written anyway. Shawn will have to take Oral boards October 2010. Only that test is supposed to be harder. However. They always schedule those particular tests in a tropical climate like Hawaii. Or Puerto Rico. And I get to go. Even if I'm not invited, I'm stowing away. While poor Shawn is being grilled for his life, I'll be basking in the sun with a good book. Hmmm. I'm thinking I need to be basking on a beach BEFORE next October. I need a break. Not just a quick weekend somewhere without kids, but a real vacation. Hawaii is where my mind turns. Or a cruise. I'll be happy with either. As long as it's at least one week and I get Shawn's undivided attention the entire time. Something that will make me remember how good my life is. And how much I love my husband. Being away from my kids will help me appreciate them when I return. A refresher if you will. This has been a long journey. Medical school I mean. And I'm slowly realizing that my days of cooking and eating dinner alone with the kids aren't going away anytime soon. Like probably never. They will be less. But they will never be gone. And those ladies that like to have epidurals in the middle of the night to ease their labor? They aren't going away either. Shawn will still be tied to his pager a few times a week, and some weekends. Why was it I thought my life would completely change when he finished his training? Who knows. So. I'm proposing to my sweet dear of a husband that he whisks me off my feet to some romantic location and gives me the break that I need so desperately. (And he needs one too. Even if he pretends that he doesn't). It doesn't even have to be romantic. Just somewhere that takes me away from my everyday life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
9 comments:
I almost took you off my friends list. I'm still trying to get used to the idea that are lives have changed forever! Yes, you do need a trip. That sounds great!
YAY for Shawn! And for you! =) And I agree about a vacation.. This year is our 10-year anniversary - but we'll have a 7-week old baby with us - hmmm...
Amen.
I am glad that part of boards is over! You definitely deserve a getaway w/ the hubby!
A cruise is definatley on the menu...when are we going?
I'm sorry. It is good to have a heads up--life doesn't change much when you are in the real world.
Just know that I never took Shawn away from you for an epidural :).
I quasi know what you mean. I thought life would be soooo different when medical school was done. While it is nice to get a pay check, and a few other wonderful perks, it sort of feels the same. I guess I should just get use to it if it never really changes in a monumental way. I have been meaning to email you, I will soon. Your welcome to come for a visit any time!I hope you get your get away you deserve it.
So are you saying that your trip to UT wasn't a relaxing vacay? I am trying to play catch up after our UT trip and I will catch that cruise with you.
oh Jane, sometimes I feel we are leading such similair lives, except of course you have 5 kids while I have a measly three.
Post a Comment