Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Introducing....

This is the newest member of our family: Iron Man. This kid truly thinks he is Iron Man.
He gets this deep throaty voice and says, "I am Iron Man". If he says it enough in a short time span his voice goes hoarse. Sometimes when I call him Iron Man he'll say, "I'm not the real Iron Man. Only the fake Iron Man." But. I never know when the real one appears and the fake one leaves. I always give the benefit of the doubt. Last night he was climbing up a 15 foot ladder to do a zip-line (another post). I said to him, "Landon please be oh so careful. I don't want you to crack your head open". His reply? "Mom. Iron Man never cracks his head open." Let's only hope. Let's only hope.
On the baby front. I've discovered these:I've seen them around and thought they suspiciously resembled leg warmers from my "flashdance" days. And that's what they are. Only they mask themselves under the name "baby legs". Clever. And truly adorable. Who can resist those juicy thighs peeking up around the tops?

Come cooler weather I imagine her drawer to be full of all colors and patterns. Even if they really are legs warmers in cognito. Too cute. Sorry to say you will not see me sporting these babies anytime soon. I think the term "baby legs" means just that. Keep them on the babies. My thighs squishing around the top might not appear as adorable.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the costume! Darling!! And I also love baby legs. I never bought any last year because she was so little and not on the go. but i always thought it was perfect for our winter here....cold in hte AM and warm enough for shorts in the PM so perfect, only get dressed once and put those babies on to keep the legs warm. smart.

Mrs. Doctor said...

One of the funniest things I ever heard was Landon trying to teach Honey Bunch how to talk like Iron Man. Love it!

The Larsons said...

I have a few ironmans at my house too... who would be VERY jealous of that costume! :)

And, all I have to saw is what thighs would be squishing? You are FIT! :) her thighs, however, are edible!

Jenny said...

We love the baby legs around our house too. And Landon is hilarious.

rebecca said...

He would love our house, cuz that's all my 2 youngest play:)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.