Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Intolerable Tuesday....
I swear today can go down in history as the longest day e-ver. Shawn has been holed up in a hotel in downtown Kansas City since Friday. He takes boards on Sunday. 1 week of uninterrupted study time for him. A long week with the kids for me. I'm so ready for this test to be over. So is Shawn. And so are the kids. This afternoon we went swimming. We only left because a fight broke out due to hunger. I think hunger was the underlying issue. Could've just been that my kids really like to irritate each other. I opted for Burger King because of the play place. And because my fridge is sparse. Still haven't done the shopping I was supposed to do when we got home from vacation. Dinner was fine. No major issues. Except Jackson and Landon can't keep their hands off of Presley. And sometimes they are a little rough. Irritating. I decided we better go to Walmart while we were already out so we could put some food in the fridge and quit wasting our money on eating out. We had only been in the store less than 5 minutes when they called a Code Adam. A small child was lost. The mother appeared relatively calm. But I could see that inside she was panicked. And about to lose it if her child wasn't found. They found the child on the opposite end of the store where he was lost. And he was fine. Unfortunately this happened to be my child. Landon. And I was the mother whom everyone gawked at as they passed. I'm sure they saw all my other kids and thought "no wonder she lost one. She has plenty." I'm glad he was found. I wish I could say that it made me grateful that they were all there with me tugging the cart, begging for things like donuts, and constantly irritating each other. But it didn't. Not really. I still wished I'd left them all at home and ventured out late at night when nobody could bother me. It's finally close to bedtime. Presley is down. And now Jack and Landon are in bed because I told them if one more fight broke out the two involved would go straight to bed. Is it sad that I'm glad I was able to actually act out my threat? Ugh. I can't believe it's only been 14 hours since I woke up this morning. Feels more like an eternity has passed. I'm hoping tomorrow doesn't drag out like today. I'm hoping sleep brings me sweet relief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
8 comments:
What a day! I hope tomorrow is MUCH better! Treat yourself to a babysitter and get some alone time.
Now I know I'm not the only one counting the minutes until school starts. Having only two kids is so...do-able! Much easier to notice if one is missing, at least. ;)
isn't it a fantastic blessing that you can go to bed at night and start over the next day? Cause some days just suck! At least you don't have to hit the store tomorrow :)
How long was it before you noticed that Landon was missing? that is the question...he probably needed some alone time too and just took off;) I can't believe you even went to the store with them...now that is brave.
Here's hoping this week flies by for you and Shawn aces that stupid test!
It must have been in the air. I got brave and took all five back-to-school shopping. In my defense I chose the Super Target that is never crowded...by the time I got to the register I was dragging my autistic one one the ground (he was on the floor sobbing) and my 5 year old was bawling at the top of his lungs since I had dug my fingernails into his arm to keep him from tripping his brother (for the 3rd time)....Needless to say, it was McDonalds for us....hang in there! 12 more days for us TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
Hugs to you for having a 'mother' of a day. I am so sorry. I've lost Maddy at the store before, same thing, someone found her across the store too. Sigh. It's CRAZY!! I lost my nephew at my HOUSE the other day, no one told me his Dad came and picked him up to take him to the store, sigh...(his Dad didn't come in the house)...I was running round the neighborhood trying to remember what he was wearing so I could call the police...sigh. You were brave for bringing them all to the store in the first place. Here's to hoping today is a better day.
Oh man. Jayne, I'm sorry yesterday was so hard. It gave me goosebumps.
On a happy note, I'm glad you had a fun-filled summer and enjoyed your families. And I love your new wheels!!!
Sorry you had such a rough day. I am glad after tomorrow you will have boards behind you. We are cheering for you!
Post a Comment