Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Familiarity....
Since we've moved here it just hasn't felt quite like home to me yet. Granted, I left for 3 weeks shortly after arriving. But tonight. I was outside putting the cover on the grill and I heard the cicada's chirping. That lovely "it's hot and humid outside" chirp that they do every August. And I also noticed the tent spiders wrapping their ginormous webs around the leaves of the trees outside in our backyard. Reminds me of when we very first moved to the Midwest and these were all very new to me. Now I feel like I'm on familiar ground. Cicada's and tent spiders. Who would've thought those would be the things that connected me to my new surroundings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
3 comments:
Jayne,
I need the last part of your email address. I sent a very long email with all of the Hawaii information and then I realized that I only had the beginning of your address. Will you resend me your whole address? Thanks!! My email address is bmnewell11@gmail.com
Love ya!
I remember coming to the midwest for the first time and wondering what that strange defening noise was. I later learned that they were cicada's. I am not sure if summer would ever feel like summer now without them.
Those spiders totally freaked me out when we first moved to Kirksville. It was so disturbing to me for some reason. But...whatever makes you feel at home :) I noticed the cicadas in the background on a movie I watched last night and realized I don't hear them any more here. Such a summer sound, I miss it.
Post a Comment