Friday, July 18, 2008
The 3 AM Wake-Up....
It's 4:30 AM. I've been awake for 1 hour. I'm at the stage of my pregnancy where I need to make 3 point turns to roll over. I also get up every few hours to use the bathroom. This happens to me with every child I carry. I call it the 3 AM wake-up. For some reason at around 3 AM I find myself wide awake. I'm usually up until around 6 where I'm able to sleep a little bit more until my other kids wake and start their demands. Thank goodness some of my kids can take care of their own needs. And thank goodness it's summer so I can usually feed the 2 little ones breakfast, get them dressed, and send them outside while I try to catch a few more Z's. Is this supposed to prepare me for night feedings with a new baby? I've always wondered this. Well, if that's what it is, I would like to forgo the practice this time thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
5 comments:
Poor Jayne, you're almost there, just hang on!
Oh man, I am right there with you! But I also wake up STARVING! Yes, thank goodness for older kids who can fend for themselves!!!!!
We need to get some sort of instant message thing going because my nights have been a little long too! HANG IN THERE
I know the feeling... For me it's usually the EXACT same time, and until the EXACT same time - how funny. Just a few more weeks to go!!!
Although I've only had 3 kids, and my youngest is going to be three soon, I still wake up for the 3am "feedings". Lately I can't go back to sleep either, until about 6am. It's totally a mom thing. Good luck with your last few weeks.
Post a Comment