Because his performance didn't start until 8 pm we opted for the hotel rather than the 2 hour drive home with 4 exhausted kids. We arranged to stay in a suite that slept 10. Only I wanted my own bed. I'm already being woken up nightly by the child in utero, I didn't want to be woken up by little feet in my face. Jack ended up sleeping on a roll-away in the kitchen. It was actually perfect for him. He was alone in his own space and wasn't able to touch anyone.





We swam that morning before breakfast, then decided to take an old town wagon ride to hear a bit of the history. My kids were excited as we started, then 10 minutes into it they were all whining. I was tempted to throw Ethan off and make him walk back, but didn't think that was a very pioneer like thing to do. Surprisingly it was Jack that would have loved to take another ride. After a few more sites, we'd had all we could take. Well, the kids were done anyway. I guess staying up until 10 and then waking early doesn't set well.
We hit Burger King for lunch and made it home in time for my dad to mow the lawn for the 2nd time during his visit. He'd mowed earlier in the week after seeing how busy Shawn was. Then, knowing Shawn would be gone for another week, offered to mow again so I wouldn't be in 10 feet of grass by his return. (The grass grows fast in this humidity.) Landon, of course, had to help mow like he usually does. Only he calls it "lawning the grass". Funny kid. Thanks for keeping the jungle under control while on your vacation. (Both the grass and the kids).

Thanks Mom & Dad for making the trek out here to stay with us. We loved every minute of your visit. Only wish it could have been longer. Like all summer.
Thanks Mom & Dad for making the trek out here to stay with us. We loved every minute of your visit. Only wish it could have been longer. Like all summer.
3 comments:
yay! Grandma and grandpa! You gotta love having them around. I was planning a trip to come see you guys in July but with gas prices so high I won't be able to make it. I had to cancel another trip too...so sad. Stupid gas...too bad I can't run my car off Curtis and my gas...we would be set for life! Mine could possibly ruin the car though...
What a wonderful week it was! We both loved it.
But who is the fat old bald man in your pictures? It can't be me!!??
Eric/Dad/Grandpa
How fun to see family! I am sure your kids were soaking up every minute of having the grandparents around. Too bad they can't stay for the next few months until you have the baby!
Post a Comment