Turned out cuter than I expected!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Slump-a-wump....
I've been in some kind of a slump the past few days. The kind where all I want to do is run away from home never to return. The kind where I feel like I've fallen in a deep dark hole and there is no way to get out. Laying in bed with the covers over my head would have been nice. I think I can contribute this to Shawn leaving all of April, all of May, and then returning for only 6 days before leaving once again. This time for 7 days. In the 6 days he was home my parents came to visit. Everyone was gone by Sunday, the day the slump started. All the excitement, and then nothing. All alone again to deal with my children suffering post-grandparent disorders and missing their dad on top of it all. Tuesday a small light started to shine in the form of Jessica. I was talking to her earlier in the day and asking questions about the quilt I'm making for Kennedy's room. At the end of the
conversation I mentioned I had no idea at what point I'd need her assistance because the material was still sitting on my table and cutting the squares seemed too daunting of a task to start while in my slump. A few hours later Jess pulled into the driveway asking where all my material was. She gathered all the supplies from my table and took them to her house where she cut them all for me. I didn't realize how much weight I was carrying by not having that part of the project completed until my table was cleared of the project. She returned Wednesday night with them all cut, and even had ideas on how to lay them out so they'd look the best. Perfect. Then a few more friends showed up and we had a little girls night "in" complete with treats, a movie, and a lot of girl talk. Apparently all these things combined were really needed to pull me out of the depths of despair. I woke up this morning feeling like a new person. Despite the fact we stayed up waaaay to late for mothers of young children to stay up. Jess showed up this afternoon to help me piece this baby together. She had the perfect tips to make things run smoothly. We both had machines so together it took a few hours. I'd still be working on it next year if I were left alone. Thanks Jess for being insightful enough to see what I needed. Even though I'm sure you thought it was nothing. It saved me from the slump. To top it off? Shawn returns tomorrow night and he's home for the rest of the year. Him studying for the last step of the boards will be minute compared to his absence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
10 comments:
You don't know me but we have some things in common: we both know the Cutlers, Cains, Andersons, and my husband will finish his anesthesiology residency in June 2009. Anyways, when I read your post, I could relate(my husband has four away rotations this year) and I was touched by the story of your kind friend. Take care.
I LOVE the quilt. I am so glad you could have a girls night in, sounds very refreshing!
I LOVE the quilt too! She sure is one lucky girl. I'm also sorry about the slump--I hate those things. I wish I was closer to pull you out. Miss you!
Oh my gosh! It turned out so cute!! I love it. Way to go you guys!!I bet Kennedy is so excited. I had fun with you girls the other night. I read the next day that Anne Boleyn is rumoured to have had a large goiter and a sixth finger! This theory has been widely discredited though, because it's hard to believe the king would have been so taken with someone with such abnormalities. :)
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose been in a slump lately.
Jayne I am so glad you have such good freinds that just know when you need a friend without even having to ask. I wish I were that lucky; but you need them with a life mostly minus a husband and so far away from family. The quilt is gorgeous by the way!
The quilt is AWESOME! Slumps are the dumps and friends are the best!v
What a great quilt for a girl's room. Reading this made me a little teary eyed, because it reminds me of how great friends can be. You know they are really in tune when they just show up and help :) I'm so glad Shawn will be home soon. But what's this about more boards??? I thought they were all done this year??
Does it ever end???
That quilt is so cute! I hope you slump is over for good. And you know this isn't forever. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
Very cute quilt. anyone in your position would be the same or worse. Just think one more year til Shawn gets a more normal schedule and doesn't have to go away for long periods of time.
The quilt is great you have wonderful taste and talents.
You always have great friends around you have you noticed that? That is because you are a great friend and so fun to be around.
That is really cute, I'm impressed!
Post a Comment