Friday, April 18, 2008
Shakey, shakey....
I've been waking up a lot in the middle of the night and am usually up for 2 hours before I can get back to sleep. Lame. Pregnancy always does this to me. Robs me of the precious hours I get to myself before there is actually a baby in the room waking me. Last night was no different. At 4 am I had to go to the bathroom, and blow my nose, and then tuned into the latest Access Hollywood. There really isn't a great selection in the wee hours. At 4:40 or so my bed started moving. Panic set in. My first thought was earthquake, but then I remembered I lived in tornado alley not earthquake zone. Then I started to imagine a man sneaking into my house and hiding under my bed. I imagined that he must have fallen asleep and when he woke up he startled himself and hit his head on the underside of my sleeping place causing it to shake for approximately 5 seconds. I was a little scared. Then it stopped. I kept laying there not knowing what to do. I eventually convinced myself I had imagined the entire thing and went back to Hollywood's latest happenings. When I heard this morning that there actually was an earthquake in a neighboring state and we might have felt the effects, I was glad I didn't call 911 in fear of the none-existent man. If anything for the fact that the police sirens would have probably woken the children and then I would have been tired along with trying to deal with 4 tired kids. I've decided it's not about safety with me. It's all about keeping my kids asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
5 comments:
I'm with you on the keeping the kids asleep. If everyone is tired, nothing good happens. I mean, how are you going to fight off an angry man who just hit his head when you have 4 kids whining at you? ;) I'm glad you guys were safe!! You are hilarious, Jayne!
That is too funny that you thought it was a man. Your a brave woman, if I thought a man was under my bed I would have flipped out.
That's so crazy - you just THOUGHT that all you had to deal with were tornadoes, flooding, ice storms, blizzards, and the occasional bug infestation. Now you've got to add earthquakes to that list! Geeze!
How cool that you were awake and could feel the shaking - after your paranoia wore off, that is. I would have freaked out, so I'm impressed that you were able to fall back to sleep!
Who cares about intruders--sleeping kids is a way higher priority. That is crazy though that you felt the earthquake, its something I hope I never have to experience.
Jayne
Boogey man under your bed?I think you need some sleep honey- Seriously though I've had those thoughts before when I wake up to some strange sound at 2 am and I'm alone. Usually I figure someone has broken into the basement and I have a few minutes to come up with an escape plan. Pretty crazy with the earthquake!
Post a Comment