Thursday, April 3, 2008

Negative Effects.....

I figured the kids wouldn't really notice Shawn's absence. Sad, but true. They are used to coming to me for just about everything. Sometimes they go a few days without seeing him, and other times he's home just in time for family prayer and a quick kiss goodnight. I was actually wrong in my thinking. This morning Kennedy handed me a flyer for the "annual daddy/daughter dance" the community holds. Tears were streaming down her face and she was actually choking back sobs with the realization that Shawn wouldn't be around to take her. Heartbreaking. I consoled her by letting her know that when her dad was back in town they could get dressed up and go to a fancy dinner. She at least seemed okay by that. Jack has also been acting out more than normal. I've caught him saying mean things to kids, and that really isn't Jack. Not unless he's really provoked. I think we are all feeling the effects in our own way. I keep telling myself that all is well and I'm fine. However, I think I'm lonely. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of adult conversations throughout the day. Some are quite entertaining (Natalie, thanks for the comic relief last night). But, they aren't Shawn. I'm so grateful that I have a husband that is truly my best friend and that I really like him. I think there are some people out there that don't really enjoy their spouses when they are around. Sad. In an ideal world Shawn and I would be able to stay home together everyday doing whatever the heck we wanted. Someone else would just send us money to live on so we could spend our days lounging together without the financial burden. Dream on lady. I know this will never be reality, but that is how much I really enjoy his company. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be married to Shawn. I just wish his job allowed him to be home more often where he belongs. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.........I just don't know how much fonder my heart can take.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne, I am sorry Shawn has to be gone. That story about Kennedy brakes my heart. At least when Shawn is home he is a great dad.

Anonymous said...

OK I know I just used the wrong "brakes". I meant breaks just for the record.

Becca said...

I'm sorry you're all missing him so much. I thought I was going to loose it when Craig went out of town for 2 weeks. Hang in there!

heidi k said...

I feel your pain/loneliness/heartache. You said it so well. Good luck! Let me know if you need anything.

nicole said...

aah Jayne, I'm sad for you. I'm sitting here at 1 am reading blogs because John is on call. I know what you mean.

Melissa said...

We had the same sadness at our house because Brandon won't be around to take Kaeley to the Daddy/Daughter dance. She was soooo excited. I just hope it works out next year and she is still just as excited. I am so glad that others can relate. Good suggestion on handling it.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.