I had my big ultrasound today. I was really going to wait until Shawn was home in May, but patience sometimes isn't
my virtue. I was apprehensive going in. I don't know if it's because the older I get the more aware I am of all that can possibly go wrong, or if it was simply because I was hoping for one gender over another and didn't want to be
disappointed. This morning I was telling the kids as they were getting ready for school that today was the day they'd find out what their sibling would be. I was telling them that if the baby is asleep with it's legs crossed we wouldn't be able to find out. I jokingly mentioned that sugar often keeps the baby awake and moving. Kennedy immediately pulled the grape juice out of the fridge and poured me a big glass. "Drink this Mom. We want this baby awake." Funny girl. She really was expecting a sister. All the boys were hoping for a sister. During the ultrasound the baby was moving all over, and we got one in-between-the-legs-shot and nothing was visible. Verdict is, pink is our new favorite color. The ultrasound technician is pretty sure it's female, and because my boys were so
obviously boys, I'm going with my gut that this is no doubt the pink baby we all dreamed of.

This is her side profile. It's kind of a funny angle making her forehead look back far and her nose
protruding funny. My babies usually come out with gigantic noses that they eventually grow into, but they are more flat usually.
Here are her dancing legs. They look pretty long and skinny in this shot. She isn't pointing her toes, so maybe my dreams of a dancer should be lost before they even start. I love little baby feet. Granted, my kids usually come out with feet the size of most 4 months
olds, but they are still so precious. Strangely enough this babies head measured small.
Hmmmm. Not your typical Crook child. Kennedy's head was smaller than the boys, so we are hoping for a Kennedy-like girl, not a Jackson-like one. Jack was (and still is) the perfect boy, but as a girl he would have seemed odd. Now that I know we can pink out the girls room we just have to decide on a name........
26 comments:
WOO HOO I have been waiting to hear the news. I am so excited for kennedy. Everyone needs a sister, I bet she is ecstatic.
I am so excited for you guys!!! I am loving pink too right now. I love the leg picture!!! Miss you! Mist
Congratulations! I've been wondering when the news was coming. I'm so happy for you guys.
Yay - how exciting!! Good luck on the name - for our last one it was SUCH a tough decision. But mostly because Brett wouldn't agree with me. =)
Yay for a little girl! Congrats!
Thanks for sharing with us Jayne! Thats the cutest little leg. I'm happy for Kennedy.
Yay!! And by the way I would love to show you how I did those curtains!
Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!! Pink is in for our neighborhood right now! :) Tell the whole family Congrats! :)
Nicole
Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I bet Kennedy was thrilled to find this out. Enjoy!!
Pink Bows, Tutus, Ruffles, Dresses, plastic high hilled shoes, pricesses....Your boys won't know what hit them. Until they find out how fun it is to dress up in girly stuff.
I am happy for you Jayne & Family.
Yeah for girls!! Congratulations Jayne!! I'm sure Kennedy is so excited!!!
YEAH!!! Kennedy needed a sister and I bet you are ecstatic! I;m so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear the name!
I am so excited for Kennedy (and you too), but seeing how sweet she already is with her younger brothers, I can't even imagine how much fun she is going to have being a 2nd mother to her little sister!
Congrats, Jayne - I really, really am SO excited for you and the family! Little girls rock! I'm sure Kennedy is beyond elated!
I guess all the "thinking pink" work! congrats on the new little one! I'm so happy for you all, now go shopping!!!
YAY! Congrats, that is one long baby leg, I have never seen a leg like that. My kids all had bunched up crosses legs it is cool to see it stretched out like that.
Congratulations!! We are sooo excited for you Jayne!
How exciting! I know all the little girls love Kennedy, so I'm sure she will have fun with this baby girl!
Yay, yay, yay! That's all I can say! Yay!
Umm...sorry, this is Ashley. I am just NOW realizing I'm logged in under my MIL. And I just commented on like six blogs. Ugh.
How fun! I'm so glad you posted this info. I've been waiting for this news since the original pee stick post!
YIPEE!
And, I think that girls names are the hardest!!! Congrats!! I am so excited to hear that you are having a girl!!! Yeah!!!!
Congrats! You better get shopping!
Yay!!!! For you and Kennedy especially :) You can't beat having a sister :)
thanks for sharing! how fun and it will add just the right balance to your family to have another little girl.
A girl!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment