Monday, April 14, 2008
Quirks of Television....
Let's be honest here. Landon watches a lot of Dora the Explorer. I knew he loved the show, but until recently didn't realize how much he internalized what he saw. I figured at the age of 2 he might be comprehending some, but not all of what he's viewing. How could I have been so naive. He not only understands what he sees, he is beginning to turn real life into an exploring adventure. For instance, snack time. He was eating strawberries. He had 3 left and turned them all top side up like this:
I only noticed because as he did this he was saying, "We are going to strawberry mountain!" in the same sing-songy voice Dora uses as she heads out on her adventures. Nice. Later that day he was playing play-doh with Jack and made this:
I asked him what he was building and he told me it was his "Big Blue Forest". Another Dora adventure. I think these adventures are great, as long as he doesn't find a real monkey wearing boots to tag along with him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
6 comments:
I love the way kids absorb like little sponges! Landon is so cute. We've got some of these blue trees, too. They're especially nice for paint jobs. Gotta love all the fun things the dads bring back from work.
Abbey's started hugging the screen and saying 'bye' when Backyardigans sing their ending song. Is that healthy?
Oh that is sooo funny! The things kids do are so great. I especially love the "Big Blue Forest".
This is awesome! Tabi looooves Dora too. It's my secret weapon. :-)
Wow, I was way behind on your blog! I don't know what happened to me, but I'm way behind on all blogs but my own! Anyway, can't sleep either, and so I tuned in and caught up. I always love to read what you write. It is so well put. I am NOT a natural mother. I tell Chris all the time, "I didn't major in early childhood ed. for a reason...I don't like kids!" I love my own, but I don't get them all the time. I just want to level with them! Then there's the thing I refer to as the "clown act" it's the syrupy sweet voice that I have to use with my kids to get them to do what I want. I hate that voice. Well...love and hate it...it gets me what I want, right? Well, more often than my normal voice...so maybe 20 percent of the time. :)
Oh yeah...my kids never like Dora. They are into Super Why, Max and Ruby and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Anyway, loathe the mundane "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the MAP!"
Post a Comment